Are you a self-starter?
Do you want to make a difference while participating in a dynamic and reciprocal health care environment in the public sector? If so, we want you to join us!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) is a health care agency whose mission is to promote the overall health and wellness of persons with behavioral health needs through an integrated network of holistic, comprehensive, effective, and efficient services and supports that foster dignity, respect, and self-sufficiency in those we serve.
The DMHAS, Office of the Commissioner (OOC) seeks a qualified individual for the position of Fiscal/Administrative Officer within the Fiscal Services Division located in Hartford, CT. This position is full-time, first shift, with a work schedule of 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. The position number is 105805.
In this role, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Petty Cash reimbursement check writer & possible other PC duties that do not violate segregation of duties and internal controls
- Processing receipt of incoming checks to be deposited & physical check drops
- Monthly Transfer invoices for Fleet (Lease, gasoline, mileage, & repairs)
- OOC employee mileage reimbursement/ license reimbursement processing & submission to payroll
- OOC cellular phone bill distribution/attestation statement
- P-card Documentation Review
- CTS Pre Authorization Daily email
- Purchase Requisition Coding verification and approval
- PSRB CFSR-Proposed as their invoices and PR come through the Business Office
- Telecommunication Point Person
- Payroll OT report and other requests as needed
- Annual Internal control facility response collection
- OOC Transportation Administrator
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
As a State employee, we offer the same competitive benefits you are accustomed to. We encourage a healthy work-life balance for all employees!
FOR ASSISTANCE IN APPLYING:
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee, who has worked for the state for at least six (6) months of full-time service or full-time equivalent service, absent any applicable collective bargaining language, and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application
This position may be subject to Federal requirements of COVID-19 Vaccination.
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- You must specify your qualifications on your application. You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
- In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
- This position will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
AFTER YOU APPLY
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- NOTE: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, transcripts, diplomas, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
CONNECT WITH US
- Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process.
- Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Jensine Tran at email@example.com.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency, facility or institution this class is accountable for independently performing a full range of tasks in professional level fiscal and administrative functions.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Performs a variety of professional fiscal and administrative functions; assists head of fiscal/administrative operations, division head or agency head in budget preparation by compiling and consolidating data and projecting expenditures; maintains budget control by reviewing and authorizing expenditures and monitoring expenditures against appropriations and allotments; prepares budget reports; prepares various financial statements and statistical or narrative fiscal/administrative reports; assists in planning and implementation of financial aspects of EDP systems; utilizes EDP systems for financial records, reports and analyses; prepares or reviews grant budgets and other fiscal portions of grant applications; provides technical assistance to grantees regarding accounting procedures; reviews various contracts, financial documents and financial reports to ensure compliance with grant requirements; exercises functional supervision over a variety of clerical fiscal/administrative activities such as maintenance of accounting records, payroll preparation, preparation and processing of purchase requisitions, grant and contract record keeping; performs technical purchasing tasks such as soliciting bids and recommending contract awards; assists in formulation of policies and procedures relating to area(s) of responsibility and implementation of such policies and procedures; acts as liaison with agency central fiscal and administrative office(s) and/or central state agencies; may supervise support services such as stores, inventory, mailroom, security or maintenance; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of principles and practices of public administration with special reference to governmental budget management and governmental accounting; knowledge of grants and contracts preparation and administration; knowledge of purchasing principles and procedures; some knowledge of payroll practices and procedures; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and analyze financial documents and reports; ability to interpret and apply statutes, regulations and administrative policies; ability to utilize EDP systems for financial management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Six (6) years of experience in a combination of fiscal/administrative functions (e.g., accounting, accounts examining, budget management, grant administration, payroll, purchasing) at least one of which must be an accounting or budgeting function.*
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
Two (2) years of the General Experience must have been at the paraprofessional level, requiring the exercise of some independent judgment in the application of basic principles and procedures in accounting, budgeting, purchasing or related fiscal administration functions. Connecticut Careers Trainee experience (target Fiscal/Administrative Officer or closely related class) is at the professional training level and above the paraprofessional level.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (l5) semester hours equalling one-half (l/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in public administration, business administration or accounting may be substituted for one (l) year of the Special Experience.
3. For state employees two (2) years as a Fiscal/Administrative Assistant may be substituted for the General and Special Experience.
4. For state employees two (2) years as a Purchasing Assistant may be substituted for the General and Special Experience.
*Descriptions of these fiscal/administrative functions are attached
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
- Experience using Core-CT
- Experience using QuickBooks
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.