|Date Opened||6/24/2022 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,302 - $67,086*/year (*Salary shall increase, effective 7.1.22)|
|Job Type||Open to Agency Employees|
|Close Date||7/6/2022 11:59:00 PM|
In the State of Connecticut, Housatonic Community College (HCC) is a constituent unit of the Board of Regents for Higher Education (BOR), Connecticut State Colleges and Universities (CSCU). The CSCU provides access to academically rigorous and innovative education and training focused on student success. Our core collective responsibility is to continuously assess practices and polices, and transform the world we live in by eliminating inequities. Housatonic Community College supports excellence in teaching and learning, makes data-informed decisions, promotes equity, advances positive change for the students, communities, and industries it serves, as well as awards associates degrees and certificates. The majority of our students are focused on completing their studies at the college and transferring to a 4-year institution.
We are recruiting for a Secretary 2 to work on our campus located in Bridgeport, CT, and support the Associate Dean of Campus Operations. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm.
In order to be considered for this job opening you must be a current State of CT employee of the agency listed above for at least six (6) months of full-time service or full-time equivalent service, absent any applicable collective bargaining language, and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the job opening and must specify your qualifications on your application. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Applicants are encourage to regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or JUNK folders, as emails could end up there in error.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. Those invited to interview may be required to submit additional documentation, which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include a resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account. Specific questions regarding this recruitment should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The immediately vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
Incumbents perform a variety of secretarial duties as illustrated in the following areas:
1. TYPING: Using a personal computer or other electronic equipment, formats and types a full range of correspondence, reports, bills, drafts, etc. from rough draft, transcription, dictated notes, etc. Proofreads for content; edits using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
2. FILING: Designs office filing systems; organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes complex letters and/or memoranda, etc. (e.g. explaining department practices/policies) for own or supervisor's signature.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from a variety of sources and prepares narrative or statistical reports, exercising judgment in the selection of items to be included.
5. INTERPERSONAL: Greets and directs visitors; answers phones and screens incoming calls; provides advice to callers regarding policy and procedures (e.g. citing a regulation to solve a specific problem); coordinates with others both within and outside of the organization on a variety of non-routine matters.
6. PROCESSING: Screens letters, memos, reports and other materials to determine action required; may make recommendations to the supervisor.
7. PERSONAL SECRETARY: Arranges and coordinates meetings (including space and equipment); researches, assembles and coordinates meeting materials (e.g. charts, graphs, reports); writes minutes of meetings, lectures, conferences, etc. from rough draft; takes notes using shorthand, speedwriting or machine transcription; prepares expense accounts; makes travel arrangements.
8. OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment; orders supplies when necessary; completes, processes and maintains paperwork for purchasing (e.g. orders, requisitions, invoices, etc.); maintains time and attendance records; assists in preparing and monitoring the office budget (e.g. compiles figures, reviews statistical reports, verifies expense items); designs and initiates new forms and procedures to facilitate workflow; performs related duties as required.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
This position will be filled in accordance with reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.