Are you interested in a career where you can make a difference, do what you are passionate about and receive personal fulfillment? If you are that candidate, then the Albert J. Solnit Children’s Center is looking for you to be a part of their team.
Is Caring, Healing and Teaching -Partnering with children, families and communities to build hope and create opportunities. We believe that: Children and adolescents with serious emotional disorders can lead productive and satisfying lives. Children, youth and their families have the right and responsibility to participate in their treatment. No child will be refused treatment based on their ability to pay for services. Our services work best when integrated with community care.
This position is located at the Albert J. Solnit Children’s Center in Middletown, CT. Solnit - South Campus is recognized as a center of excellence for family-centered treatment of children and youth with serious emotional disturbances. This state-administered Psychiatric facility provides comprehensive care to children and adolescents under the age of eighteen, with severe mental illness and related behavioral and emotional problems who cannot be safely assessed or treated in a less restrictive setting. The South Campus consists of four co-ed hospital units and three female adolescent Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility cottages (PRTF). This position requires some consulting at the Solnit Facility North campus in East Windsor, CT. when necessary.
Our 67-acre campus is centrally located in Middletown, Connecticut over looking idyllic views of the Connecticut River. The Solnit Center facilities support our dedication to helping youth improve their individual and social competencies. The campus includes; two schools, an indoor pool, playgrounds, a ball field, two gyms, recreation rooms,4 hospital units, and 3 inpatient psychiatric residential units, and an outdoor picnic area.
In this role you will:
- Conduct recreational activities for patients, clients, residents in areas such as field trips, sports and social activities;
- Clean area and maintain equipment;
- Assists in ensuring safety of clients, patients and residents;
- Perform related duties as required.
- Schedule 1: Part - time, 32 hours, 2nd Shift, Sunday- Wed, 11:30am - 8:00pm with an end date of September 15, 2022
- Schedule 2: Part - time, 32 hours, 2nd Shift, Wed-Saturday, 11:30am - 8:00pm with an end date of September 15, 2022.
- There are no benefits with this position.
- This position may be subject to Federal requirements for COVID 19 Vaccination Immunization.
- In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application. The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date, unless otherwise specified.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
- At any time during the recruitment process you may be asked to submit additional information.
- Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
Important Next Step Information for After You Apply:
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
Connect With Us:
- If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment please contact Anamaria Giangarra at Anamaria.email@example.com and reference the recruitment number.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In various agencies as a summer employee performs one or more tasks and assigned duties of a seasonal nature in providing a variety of services to clients or the public in one of several areas. This class may also be used during the winter college intersession for a period not to exceed six weeks.
Work areas covered by this class shall include the assignments and hourly rates as listed below:
|Patient Care Services
|Transportation Services (Bus Driver)
|Tourist Information Clerk
|Specialized Recreational Services
|Tourist Information Coordinator
|Information Technology System Analysis
Minimum and maximum hourly rates will be subject to the following criteria:
1. Returning Summer Workers may receive $.50 an hour additional compensation for each season of service up to the maximum hourly rate.
2. Experienced workers in the specific functional area with another employer may be credited with such time on an equivalent basis to seasons worked and granted the same additional compensation up to the maximum hourly rate.
3. College students may be granted additional compensation of up to $.50 more per hour (up to the maximum hourly rate) for each full year of completed education on the basis of 30 semester hours equaling one (1) year.
Determination of hourly rate is based on the above criteria. Additional compensation is based on only one criteria. It is not intended for individuals to receive additional compensation through application of the multiple criteria listed above.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
See attached Addendum
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of assigned specialty; knowledge in operation of equipment, materials and activities of assigned specialty; knowledge to degree necessary for dealing with and understanding client behavior; interpersonal skills; skill in techniques of assigned specialty; ability to assist clients in self-care habits, personal hygiene and proper social conduct where applicable; ability to understand and carry out written orders and oral instructions; adequate physical strength and stamina to perform duties; some positions may require supervisory and/or leadership abilities.
Any experience and training that could reasonably be expected to provide the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
- Possess a current Lifeguard certification.
- Experience working with adolescents at summer camp or with athletic coaching.
1. Incumbents in this class assigned to recreational activities must be able to perform emergency first aid as needed and certain positions will require a current Standard First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class assigned as bus drivers or operate a motor vehicle must possess and retain a current Connecticut Motor Vehicle Operator License to drive a bus and/or a Motor Vehicle Operators License as necessary.
3. Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.