Do you have experience performing complex IT work for multiple projects at once while working with a creative and dynamic team?
The State of Connecticut is undergoing a strategic optimization of our Information Technology (IT) resources, to deliver enterprise-wide services, in more efficient and innovative ways. We are setting trends, not following them. As part of these efforts, the Department of Children and Families IT Organization is joining forces with the Department of Administrative Services Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology (DAS BEST), to form a new, centralized team under the Bureau of Information Technology Solutions (BITS).
- Monday - Friday
- Full-time (40 hours per week)
- First shift
- Hybrid work environment
- Stay current with agency requirements and technology to identify gaps in current data systems infrastructure;
- Draft project plans and/or statements of work for technology projects;
- Assist with evaluation and planning of new systems and upgrades to existing systems, maintain system integrity and redundancy;
- Install and maintain hardware, applications and system or software patches, monitor network activity and system capacity;
- Maintenance of agency technology including systems, technology and end-user devices;
- Regular assessments of equipment status and maintenance and support schedules;
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation;
- Provide second/third level support for problems and user issues with systems;
- Troubleshoot issues, identify cause, find and document solutions.
SALARY NOTE: This salary range may increase effective July 1, 2022. New State Employees Start at the Minimum.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
We offer competitive benefits including health and dental insurance, a retirement plan, group life insurance, and other supplemental benefits. Paid time off is also offered, including 12 paid holidays per calendar year, in addition to vacation, sick and personal leave accruals. We encourage a healthy work/life balance to all employees.
- In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application. The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date, unless otherwise specified.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
- At any time during the recruitment process you may be asked to submit additional information.
- Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
Important Next Step Information for After You Apply:
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
Connect With Us:
- If you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment please contact Anamaria Giangarra at Anamaria.email@example.com and reference the recruitment number.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency Information Technology (IT) environment, this class is accountable for performing the most complex and technical support work and/or acting as a working supervisor of Information Technology Analysts engaged in information systems development or technical support.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
In this position you will be responsible for the complete product lifecycle. Including, researching and evaluating solutions, installation, configuration, maintenance, support and troubleshooting. Areas of responsibility will include desktop management (both physical and virtual), remote desktop services, mobile device management and support, as well as other systems and applications used by the agency. The incumbent will support security initiatives including end-point encryption, anti-virus and other systems to protect agency staff and data collected. The ITA3 will also be responsible for evaluating support tickets created by the helpdesk and diagnosing issues with tools available to resolve issues, then documenting the resolution in the tickets. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting users both on-premise and remotely.
For a full list of duties related to this job classification, please click here.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis, design, development, and computer programming; considerable knowledge of principles of information systems; considerable knowledge of principles and theories of business and planning functions; considerable knowledge of programming languages; considerable knowledge of project management principles and techniques; considerable knowledge of principles, problems and techniques of data processing and data communication operations; considerable knowledge of data processing and data communications equipment and diagnostic tools; considerable knowledge of methods and procedures used to conduct detailed analysis and design of computer systems; considerable knowledge of principles of complex computer operating systems; knowledge of principles and techniques of business information systems re-engineering; knowledge of network protocols and architecture; knowledge of practices and issues of systems security and disaster recovery; knowledge of applications systems development principles and techniques; knowledge of principles and practices of data base management; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable problem solving skills; considerable technical problem solving skills; considerable analytical skills; considerable ability to prepare correspondence, manuals, reports and documentation; considerable ability to analyze and resolve operational and communications problems; considerable ability to analyze and debug complex software programs; considerable ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems; some supervisory ability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Seven (7) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or another IT related field.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
(1) year of the General Experience must have been at the full professional
working level with responsibility for performing a full range of complex
technical support functions in such areas as: assisting in the design,
implementation and management of a major communications network; providing
technical and administrative support for a wide area network (WAN) or
mini-computer system; assisting in the installation and maintenance of major
sub-systems or installing and maintaining other host and/or network software; participating
in the design and development of system applications; serving as a project
coordinator responsible for coordinating the design, development, programming
and implementation of moderately complex information systems projects; performing
any closely related complex technical support function.
NOTE: For state employees this is
interpreted at the level of Information Technology Analyst 2.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience with server and end user computing hardware and configuration.
- Experience working with System Control Center Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft Endpoint Control Manager (MECM).
- Experience with end point security and protection systems.
- Experience with commercial anti-virus systems - McAfee, Crowdstrike.
- Experience with Azure Windows Virtual Desktop, Horizon virtual desktops and VMWare virtual servers.
- Experience with remote access and mobility systems - WorkspaceOne, InTune.
- Experience working with Active Directory and creating Group Policies.
- Experience using scripting tools.
- Experience developing and providing training on IT applications.
- Experience providing both on-site and remote troubleshooting support.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.