The State of Connecticut
, Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Authority (the "Authority
"), has an anticipated opening for an experienced Salesforce Developer
. The Salesforce Developer works in partnership with the IT Director, IT Solution Architect and IT Solution Manager and is responsible for building and configuring complex Salesforce applications to meet business process and application requirements.
About the Authority:
- 40 hours per week
The Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Authority is a quasi-governmental agency formed by statute and signed into law by Governor Ned Lamont in 2019. Its mission is to help Connecticut’s workforce navigate health challenges and life changes with greater financial security.
Through a trust funded by employees, the Authority makes benefits payments to eligible employees
when either the employee or their family member takes a leave from work to care for themselves or a family member.
What We Can Offer You:
We participate in a competitive benefits
package that includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, retirement plan options, paid time off, and so much more. We encourage a healthy work-life balance for all employees!
Important Information After You Apply:
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on this job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
Connect With Us:
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the questionnaire's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account. Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Leads the analysis, development, and functional testing of the CT Paid Leave Authority Salesforce platform, with direction from the IT Director, IT Solution Architect, and IT Solution Manager.
- Prepares system specifications to meet design requirements.
- Diagnoses platform problems and develops and coordinates resolutions.
- Assists in establishing priorities for the agency.
- Manages project schedules.
- Evaluates Salesforce platform releases and makes recommendations for migration and upgrade direction.
- Leverages technological solutions to meet business needs.
- Conducts system performance testing and tuning.
- Reviews and troubleshoots vendor partner work.
- Assists in the development of policies, procedures, and best practices for the platform.
- Sets an example by acting in ways that are consistent with shared department values.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Seven (7) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or another IT related field.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the full professional working level with responsibility for performing a full range of complex technical support functions in such areas as: assisting in the design, implementation and management of a major communications network; providing technical and administrative support for a wide area network (WAN) or mini-computer system; assisting in the installation and maintenance of major sub-systems or installing and maintaining other host and/or network software; participating in the design and development of system applications; serving as a project coordinator responsible for coordinating the design, development, programming and implementation of moderately complex information systems projects; performing any closely related complex technical support function.
NOTE: For state employees this is interpreted at the level of Information Technology Analyst 2.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
Other Key Skills:
- 5+ years’ experience with information technology software development.
- 2+ years’ experience with development on the Salesforce.com platform using Visualforce, Lightning Web Components, Apex, Aura, Flow, Salesforce APIs, SOQL, and SOSL.
- Experience in Continuous integration and Continuous deployment.
- Experience in source control management using GIT such as Bitbucket.
- Experience with the agile software development.
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Certified Salesforce.com Developer.
- Interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with teams to deliver excellent results and maintain a collegial work environment.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be engaged and present on-camera using virtual face-to-face technologies (MS Teams).
- Project and time management skills, including a high level of organization, attention to detail, and follow-through, while balancing and prioritizing multiple activities and responsibilities.
- Works independently to analyze issues and resolve problems.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Demonstrated experience engaging in creative problem solving and taking initiative, while utilizing a solutions-oriented approach and exhibiting flexibility and good judgement in a complex organizational ecosystem.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.