Squaw Rock Maintenance Facility
|Date Opened||3/14/2022 4:20:00 PM|
|Salary||$13.00 - $17.00 / hour|
|Close Date||9/30/2022 11:59:00 PM|
Two – Automotive / Equipment Repair Technician Assistant:
Performs work related to the repair and maintenance of DEEP fleet vehicles and equipment including but not limited to light services, routine preventative maintenance, cleaning of tools and equipment, parts pickup, small engine repairs, blade sharpening, provide assistance in tire replacement, oil changes, trailer wiring, 2-cycle engine repairs, spark plug replacement, filter cleaning and/or replacement and equipment lubrication as well as other related maintenance duties. This position may work under the direct supervision of a qualified automotive technician.
One – Maintainer:
Duties for this position depending on the level of skill, ability and experience could assist a qualified licensed electrician and/or assist a qualified carpenter; assist with the operation of a sawmill, operate tractors, drive medium duty vehicles with trailer; perform work related to the maintenance and operation of DEEP facility including but not limited to grounds maintenance, mowing, trimming, building cleaning, janitorial, routine preventative equipment maintenance, litter pickup and painting, working on a fire crew and other related duties.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.