Visitors enjoy boating, swimming, hiking and other activities. Quaddick State Park in Thompson, Mansfield Hollow State Park in Mansfield, Natchaug State Forest in Eastford, and many other state lands in the northeast corner of the state receive staff support from Mashamoquet Brook State Park in Pomfret .
Positions Include: (see details under Examples of Duties)
Anticipated start dates vary by position and run through the recreation season. Most positions are first shift, some will be second or third shift. Typically positions are 5 days per week and will include weekend shifts.
For inquiries specific to the position and regarding the status of your application, must be made directly to the individual park: Matthew.Quinn@ct.gov.
CT DEEP encourages you to consider applying for seasonal opportunities at multiple locations while your application is under review.
Please be advised that resumes are no longer being accepted during the time that you apply. Please ensure that your application is complete and displays your qualifications. You will be unable to make revisions once it is submitted. Questions can be sent to Emily.Kennedy@ct.gov.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, as a limited duration employee, performs one or more of a variety of tasks and assigned duties of a seasonal nature.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Ticket Booth Attendant: Provides general ticket booth services. Rings up and accepts parking fees; sells season passes; greets Park visitors; provides directions; checks in buses; and answers questions about the Park, State Park rules and regulations, and the local area. Minimum Age: 16 Special Requirements: Previous retail/customer service experience preferred. Approximate Dates of Employment: mid-April – mid-September.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Ability to follow instructions.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
E-mailPhone: (860) 713-52058am - 4:30pm M-FPowered by