Ticket Booth Attendant
|Date Opened||2/17/2022 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$14.00 to $17.00 per hour|
|Close Date||12/2/2022 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is charged with conserving, improving and protecting the natural resources and the environment of the state of Connecticut as well as making cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy available for the people and businesses of the state. The agency is also committed to playing a positive role in rebuilding Connecticut’s economy and creating jobs and to fostering a sustainable and prosperous economic future for the state.
Come work with some great people at one of Connecticut's beautiful state parks!
DEEP is seeking to fill multiple Ticket Booth Attendant positions at Hammonasset Beach State Park, located in Madison, CT.
Location: Hammonasset Beach State Park, Madison, CT
Schedule: Daily shifts could be either from 8am-4pm or from 1030am-630pm. Staff work five shifts per week, including weekends.
Anticipated Duration: Season is from late May to early September, maximum of 1,040 hours.
Salary: Depends on education and experience. There are no benefits with this position.
For technical support regarding the filing of your application in JobAps, please contact: Mackenzie.Coleman@CT.Gov
For questions specific to this position, please contact: Rebecca Demchak, Rebecca Demchak@CT.Gov
Learn more from our Seasonal Staff at DEEP
This is a non-competitive recruitment, open to the public.
IMPORTANT SELECTIONS INFORMATION
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOU APPLY
Provides general ticket booth services. Rings up and accepts parking fees; sells season passes; greets Park visitors; provides directions; checks in buses; and answers questions about the Park, State Park rules and regulations, and the local area.
Preferred applicants will be able to work full-time for the entire recreation season and have previous experience in retail or customer service.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.