Migratory Bird Program
North Franklin, CT
|Date Opened||1/18/2022 4:25:00 PM|
|Salary||$14.00 per hour|
|Close Date||2/28/2022 11:59:00 PM|
The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) Wildlife Division is charged with advancing the conservation, use, and appreciation of Connecticut’s wildlife resources. The Connecticut DEEP Wildlife Division is seeking a Seasonal Resource Assistant to assist with a sparrow nesting ecology project for the Migratory Bird Program.
The position is based at the Wildlife Division’s Franklin Swamp Wildlife Management Area in North Franklin, CT, but work will be conducted on the coast in several saltmarshes. Selected candidates must be fluent in English, be at least 18 years old and possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license. Length of position: April 2022-September 2022.
Position specific questions can be sent to Min.Huang@ct.gov.
Please be advised that resumes are no longer being accepted during the time that you apply. Please ensure that your application is complete and displays your qualifications. You will be unable to make revisions once it is submitted. Application and process specific questions can be sent to Emily.Kennedy@ct.gov.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.