Do you currently hold a CT Public Passenger Endorsement? Are you looking to work in our state providing safe and secure transportation for our agency? If so, we want you to join us!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Children and Families (DCF), has a mission of partnering with communities and empowering families to raise resilient children who thrive. We are currently recruiting for several qualified and motivated Drivers (Maintainer - Driver/Equipment Operator) throughout Connecticut.
These positions will be full-time, 37.5 hours per week and will be responsible for the safe transportation of children and families served by the Department. These positions are based out of Middletown with other locations that will be determined in the near future and will cover statewide transportation routes. Schedules will be based on operational needs and will include non-standard start and end times, holidays and weekends.
- Travel is required in this position
- Applicants must possess a current Connecticut Public Passenger Endorsement License driver’s license and a satisfactory motor vehicle driving record
You will discover the opportunity to:
- Engage in a rewarding career
- Work together in a collaborative team environment
- Provide support to a division that is passionate about improving the lives of those we serve
- Make a difference in the public sector
What's in it for you!
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Ability to serve the citizens of Connecticut
- A healthy work life balance to all employees
The entry level rate for this class will be ten (10%) percent below Step 1 of the salary grade. Upon completion of the initial working test period the incumbent’s salary will be adjusted to the TC or FM pay plan, Step 1 of the salary grade for this class.
As a state employee, you will be open to a terrific work life balance and competitive benefits package. This includes; excellent health care, generous leave policies, a retirement plan, a deferred compensation program, and more.
We hope you take this opportunity to continue your career with us and make an impact by serving your state!
Check out this video below to see what it's like to be a state employee:
All State employees shall follow the guidelines as listed in Executive Orders 13F (3a) and 13G (3a) .
Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening and must specify their qualifications on their application. The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
Additional recruitment information:
- Candidates will be required to successfully pass an extensive background check to include State Police check, Federal background (fingerprint), pre-employment physical, drug screen, DMV check and TB Test
- Incumbents for this recruitment are required to have a CT Public Passenger Endorsement
Please note you will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system. Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process. Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account.
Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. If selected for further consideration, State employees may be required to provide last 2 service ratings last 2 attendance records. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Ethan Ives at Ethan.Ives@ct.gov.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency this class is accountable for performing duties a substantial amount of time (75%) in one or both of the following areas:
- patient/client transportation
- grounds care (outside services) equipment operation
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
See attached addendum.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Some interpersonal skills; some oral and written communication skills; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to operate equipment and vehicles used in daily work; ability to learn policies and procedures; ability to operate, care for and perform minor maintenance on tools and equipment used in daily work; some ability in simple recordkeeping.
Any experience and training which provide the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
Preference will be given to those who possess the following:
- Current CT Public Passenger Endorsement
- Experience working with and/or in the transportation of children, adults, and special needs populations
- Experience with basic record keeping such as logging information
- Experience creating and maintaining basic reports such as mileage reports
- Experience writing incident reports
Incumbents in this class may be required by the appointing authority to possess and retain appropriate current licenses, permits and/or certifications.
1. Incumbents in this class must have adequate physical strength, stamina, physical agility, visual and auditory acuity, and must maintain such physical fitness as to be able to perform the duties.
2. A physical examination may be required.
1. Incumbents in this class may be required to lift moderate to heavy weights; may be exposed to extreme weather conditions and risk of injury from equipment and assaultive and/or abusive patients and/or clients.
2. The appointing authority may require completion of an asbestos removal program consistent with EPA guidelines for operations and maintenance during employment in this class. Incumbents may be required to use protective equipment such as respirators and safety goggles.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.