Quinebaug Valley Trout Hatchery
|Date Opened||12/13/2021 2:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$13.00 - $14.00 per hour depending on relevant education and experience.|
|Close Date||1/31/2022 11:59:00 PM|
The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is seeking a seasonal resource assistant. This position is 6 months long and is first shift 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 pm. at the Quinebaug Valley Trout Hatchery in Plainfield, CT.
The Quinebaug Valley Trout Hatchery located at 145 Trout Hatchery Rd, Plainfield, CT 06374. The hatchery is responsible for the production of the majority of the state’s trout and contains multiple areas:
This state of the art numerical control facility is managed from the control center located in the main office where the operator will observe water quality, monitor well pumps, program feeding systems, program/access alarms and review historical trends of the facility.
The duration of these positions are six (6) months and there are no benefits for these positions.
Please be advised that resumes are no longer being accepted during the time that you apply. Please ensure that your application is complete and displays your qualifications. You will be unable to make revisions once it is submitted. Questions can be sent to Emily.Kennedy@ct.gov.
Position specific questions can be sent to Christopher.L.Martin@CT.gov.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.