New Haven, CT
|Date Opened||11/19/2021 3:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,815 - $57,486/year|
|Job Type||Open to Agency Employees|
|Close Date||11/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
Connecticut State Community College (CSCU) provides access to academically rigorous and innovative education and training focused on student success. The College supports excellence in teaching and learning, makes data-informed decisions, promotes equity, advances positive change for the students, communities, and industries it serves, and awards associates degrees and certificates.
CSCU will be recognized for exceptional student success, educational leadership, and transformative collaboration with business and industry, government, educational, and key stakeholders while advancing diverse opportunities for State of Connecticut’s citizens and communities.
We are currently recruiting for multiple full-time Office Assistants to work across our 12 community colleges. These positions are full-time (40 hrs. per week), and located in the Guided Pathways Advising Center on each community college campus.
Hours may vary based on agency/location needs:
M-Thur. 10:30am-7pm and F 8:00am-4:30pm
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The applications generated from this posting will be used to fill Office Assistant positions at our 12 Community Colleges throughout the State. If you’re interested in becoming an Office Assistant, apply today! Please select all location(s), shift(s), and employment status(es) (Full-time, Part-time, etc.) in which you are willing to work on your application. Failure to indicate the location(s), shift(s), and employment status(es) may result in not being considered for vacancies in that specific location, shift, and/or employment status.
Duties/Responsibilities for these roles include:
Duties/Responsibilities for these roles include:
Ensure that your application is complete before submitting it. Applicants will be unable to make revisions once their application is submitted into the JobAps system.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates during the recruitment process will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
In a state agency this class is accountable for performing a full range of general clerical functions or for carrying out responsibility for the flow and completion of clerical work in an assigned area.
1. TYPING: Types a variety of materials in relation to other duties or as assigned; enters and retrieves data on personal computers and computer terminals.
2. FILING: Sets up and maintains office procedures, filing and indexing systems and forms for own use.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes routine correspondence.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles and generates recurrent technical, statistical or financial reports requiring judgment in the selection and presentation of data (format).
5. INTERPERSONAL: Provides general information and referral services in response to citizen complaints or questions regarding an agency's services or authority; responds to inquiries from other work units or departments/agencies; applies agency policies and state statutes and regulations in determining case status or responding to requests for procedural assistance; may lead lower level employees in carrying out assigned clerical functions.
6. PROCESSING: Maintains calendars of due dates and initiates recurring work or special clerical projects accordingly; processes a variety of documents in determining routine case status; exercises discretion in choosing appropriate follow through procedures within defined guidelines including assembling and reviewing incoming materials for accuracy, completeness and conformance to established guidelines and agency policy and procedures, verifying information through use of internal resources and contacts with sender and other work units and soliciting additional information as required by phone or form letter; processes purchase requisitions/purchase orders for subsequent action; prepares payment lists and billing invoices; receives shipments of materials and matches/verifies shipment or billing invoices against original purchase orders; maintains billing control cards, files, journals or account ledgers by posting credits, expenditures, interest, etc.; figures payments, costs, discounts and adjustments using prescribed methods and formulas; receives monies in various forms such as cash, checks and money orders and prepares for deposit; maintains inventory and orders supplies; uses a variety of automated equipment to perform job functions; performs related duties as required.
Knowledge of office systems and procedures including proper telephone usage and filing; oral and written communication skills; skill in performing arithmetical computations; basic interpersonal skills; ability to perform a full range of clerical tasks; ability to operate office equipment which includes personal computers, computer terminals and other electronic automated equipment; ability to operate office suite software; ability to schedule and prioritize workflow; ability to read and interpret complex instructions.
Two (2) years of general clerical work experience.
College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling six (6) months of experience.
Persons having responsibility for supervising or observing the behavior of inmates or custodial individuals will be required to possess a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certification by the time of permanent appointment.
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.