Materials Management and Compliance Assurance Bureau
|Date Opened||11/18/2021 2:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$13.00 - $17.00 / hour|
|Close Date||4/30/2022 11:59:00 PM|
The mission of the State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) Bureau of Materials Management and Compliance Assurance is to protect human health and the environment through proper materials management and recycling; enforcing the state’s water pollution control laws; and preventing and responding to spill and contamination incidents. The agency is committed to playing a positive role in Connecticut’s economy and creating jobs by fostering a sustainable and prosperous economic future for the state.
The Bureau of Materials Management and Compliance Assurance (MMCA) is seeking to hire Seasonal Resource Assistants in Hartford, CT to work in one or more of its Divisions to assist the Bureau with registration reviews, analytical data review, online mapping systems and/or geographic information systems, web content research and writing, and records management and administrative tasks including responses to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, data entry, distribution of mail, records review and filing. The Bureau has three divisions, the Waste Engineering and Enforcement Division, the Emergency Response and Spill Prevention Division, and the Water Permitting and Enforcement Division.
Anticipated duration of position is from 6 months to one year, dependent on number of hours worked per week, though may not exceed 1040 hours.
Questions about this position should be directed to Helen.Robbins@ct.gov.
Please be advised that resumes are no longer being accepted during the time that you apply. Please ensure that your application is complete and displays your qualifications. You will be unable to make revisions once it is submitted. Questions can be sent to Emily.Kennedy@ct.gov.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.