Are you an experienced Salesforce Developer looking to take you career to the next level? If so, then we encourage you to apply today!
The State of Connecticut
, Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Authority (the “Authority
"), is looking for an experienced Salesforce Developer
. The Salesforce Lead works in partnership with the Product Owner, the IT Solution Manager and the IT Solution Architect and is responsible for technical designs, development of solutions and coordination and execution of deployment activities on the Salesforce platform.
About the Authority
The Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Authority is a quasi-governmental agency formed by statute and signed into law by Governor Ned Lamont in 2019. Its mission is to help Connecticut’s workforce navigate health challenges and life changes with greater financial security.
Through a trust funded by employees, the Authority makes benefits payments to eligible employees when either the employee or their family member takes a leave from work to care for themselves or a family member.
All State employees shall follow the guidelines as listed in Executive Orders 13F (3a) and 13G (3a) .
The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Jennifer Neumann at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the recruitment number.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Translates business requirements into solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform and various integrations.
- Act as the go-to Salesforce expert – providing Salesforce technical advice, design direction, and leadership to all team members to advance the project.
- Design solutions that leverage Salesforce best practices and introduce new technologies when necessary.
- Design, build, and configure applications that are highly functional, scalable, and easily maintained.
- Develop end-to-end Salesforce solutions including custom platform development (APEX, Triggers, Lightning Web Components, Visualforce) and external data integration (middleware tools, Salesforce APIs)
- Automate business processes using Salesforce automation tools, such as Process Builder, Workflows, Formulas, Flow, Assignment Rules, and email Alerts.
- Assist in the estimation of work effort, determination of required resources and schedule development.
- Participate in peer code reviews and unit testing.
- Provides application support by analyzing defects, replicating/fixing defects, and providing root cause analysis for defects. Troubleshoots and resolves functional and performance-related issues.
- Support post deployment activities including knowledge transfer, process documentation, and application bug fixes.
This list of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities that the Authority may deem necessary from time to time and as the Authority’s work and responsibilities demand.
Education and Experience:
Other Key Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Salesforce Declarative development using Process Builder, Workflows, Lightning App Builder, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Salesforce platform programming languages – Visualforce, Lightning Web Components, APEX, SOQL, and SOSL.
- Knowledge and experience with Salesforce architecture and APIs, Salesforce security configuration, sharing rules and user management.
- Experience with Salesforce Community Portals
- Experience with the agile software development.
- Proven integration experience using integration techniques - REST, SOAP APIs, oAuth and Single Sign-On.
- Thorough understanding of Salesforce Deployment Process and tools.
Additional Consideration will be given:
- Experience collaborating with teams to improve processes that align with agency goals while demonstrating the ability to deliver excellent results and maintain a collegial work environment.
- Experience using verbal and written communication with internal and external users.
- Ability to work independently to analyze issues and resolve problems.
- Experience prioritizing work and meeting time sensitive deadlines, including follow-through while balancing and prioritizing multiple activities and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience engaging in creative problem solving and taking initiative, while utilizing a solutions-oriented approach and exhibiting flexibility and good judgement in a complex organizational ecosystem.
- Ability to be professionally engaged, present, and on-camera using virtual face-to-face technologies (MS Teams, Zoom, WebEx, chat, etc.)
- Hold and maintain SFDC certifications in relevant areas, keeping up with changes in Salesforce and expanding expertise as appropriate to career objectives.
- Preference for candidates who are Salesforce.com certified in the following areas:
Certified Platform Developer I
Certified Platform Developer II
Service Cloud Consultant
Platform App Builder
Einstein Analytics and Discovery Consultant
- Experience with integration tools like MuleSoft.
- Experience with Blackthorn Payments.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.