|Date Opened||10/8/2021 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$45,725 - $59,999/year|
|Job Type||Open to Statewide Employees|
|Close Date||10/28/2021 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Public Health (DPH) is hiring! We are seeking a qualified individual for the position of Secretary 1. This position will work within the Facility Licensing and Investigations Section of the Healthcare Quality and Safety Branch of DPH.
This Secretary 1 position will function as a liaison between programs for the purpose of accurate and efficient fiscal duties. Responsibilities also include answering programmatic questions regarding Freedom of Information requests submitted to FLIS as well as providing clerical support to the Facility Licensing and Investigations Section of the DPH.
The Mission of the Department of Public Health (DPH) is to protect and improve the health and safety of the people of Connecticut by assuring the conditions in which people can be healthy, preventing disease, injury, and disability, and promoting the equal enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health, which is a human right and a priority of the state.
DPH accomplishes this through the implementation of its Strategic Plan which outlines the actions that DPH is taking to accomplish its Mission.
Are you interested in joining our team as a Secretary 1? We encourage you to apply today! This position is conveniently located in Hartford, CT. The work schedule for this position is typically Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee, who has permanent state status* and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
*For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanent status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified. This position will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules. In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience most closely meet the preferred requirements of the position. At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
Please Note: You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Chelsea Moore at Chelsea.Moore@ct.gov
Incumbents perform a variety of secretarial duties as illustrated in the following areas:
1. TYPING: Using a personal computer or other electronic equipment formats and types a full range of correspondence, reports, bills, drafts, etc. from rough draft, transcription, dictated notes, etc.; proofreads for content; edits using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
2. FILING: Designs office filing systems; organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes routine letters/memoranda, etc. (e.g. standard replies and acknowledgement letters) for supervisor's signature.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from standard sources and prepares data reports (e.g. number of forms processed during the month).
5. INTERPERSONAL: Greets and directs visitors; answers phones and takes messages; answers questions requiring knowledge of terminology, organization, supervisor's responsibilities, etc. (e.g. appropriate referrals, general purpose of the unit).
6. PROCESSING: Scans correspondence; pulls and attaches related materials; reviews, routes and prioritizes mail.
7. PERSONAL SECRETARY: Arranges and coordinates meetings (including space and equipment); writes minutes of meetings, lectures, conferences, etc. from rough draft; takes notes using shorthand, speedwriting or machine transcription prepares expense accounts; makes travel arrangements.
8. OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment; orders supplies when necessary; completes, processes and maintains paperwork for purchasing (e.g. orders, requisitions, invoices, etc.); maintains time and attendance records; performs related duties as required.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.