|Date Opened||10/7/2021 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$102,717* - $139,139/year (*New State Employees Start at Minimum)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||10/27/2021 11:59:00 PM|
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
*You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
This position will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
As a reminder:
For more information, we encourage you to contact the recruiter for this position, Joseph K. Fried at Joseph.Fried@ct.gov, (860) 924-7053.
In the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, in a community or inpatient setting, this class is accountable for providing consultation, program development and interdisciplinary cooperation with health care disciplines as well as providing ongoing psychotherapy.
Both the Advanced Nurse Practitioner (APRN) and the Psychiatric Advanced Practice Registered Nurse classes are responsible for assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of mental illness such as depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, anxiety, substance use disorders, etc. The distinction between this class and the APRN is the level of autonomy in decision making and providing a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. The focus of this class is on the therapeutic milieu (assuring supports allow for the positive outcomes for patients) and ongoing application of psychotherapy services (individual, group and family).
Assesses, plans and evaluates nursing process using a high level of expertise and clinical independence; provides health care to clients using increasingly complex methods of interaction such as group and family therapy; evaluates effectiveness of clinical care provided to clients; prescribes medication; consults with and/or leads members of interdisciplinary teams and community representatives to assess, plan, implement and evaluate health services; provides leadership in delivery of quality care; assists in establishment of criteria for monitoring of standards of direct client care; serves as professional role model for staff by demonstrating clinical expertise; provides clinical supervision of staff members for purpose of advancing knowledge in individual client relationships, direct care problems, group processes and family therapy; conveys new and existing knowledge in fields of health to nursing personnel, interdisciplinary team members and community groups; protects human and civil rights of clients and staff; initiates and supports research projects which are carried out in accordance with departmental guidelines; leads or co-leads psychotherapy or family therapy groups; teaches and supervises staff in provision of group therapy; provides clinical consultation regarding crisis intervention and mechanisms to prevent crisis situations; may identify problem areas related to nursing care and assist in collection of data; performs related duties as required.
Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of psychiatric nursing, treatment modalities and concepts of programs for individuals with mental health and/or substance use disorders; considerable knowledge of advanced nursing principles and treatments; considerable knowledge of dynamics of behavior at individual, family and group levels; knowledge of pharmacology as it relates to advanced nursing practice; knowledge of research methodology; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable clinical assessment and evaluation skills; ability to examine, diagnose, assess and treat patients; ability to interpret diagnostic tests; ability to prescribe appropriate medications and other treatments; ability to provide clinical instruction; ability to utilize computer software; administrative ability.
1. A Master's or higher degree in nursing outside the psychiatric and mental health field with a minimum of twenty-four (24) graduate or postgraduate level academic hours in psychiatric and mental health theory and supervised clinical training in two psychotherapeutic treatment modalities may be substituted for the Master's degree requirement of the General Experience.
2. A Bachelor’s or higher degree in Nursing and certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in Psychiatric-Mental Health (PMH) as a Psychiatric-Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist (PMHCNS-BC) or Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP-BC) may be substituted for a Master’s in psychiatric and/or mental health nursing.
3. Individuals who have obtained a Master’s or higher degree in nursing on or before December 31, 2004 and have two (2) years of experience as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner working with individuals with mental health and/or substance use disorders, need not meet the educational requirements defined in the General Experience.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and retain a current license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse issued by the Department of Public Health.
2. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain eligibility for participation in federal health care programs as defined in 42 U.S. § 1320a-7b(f).
3. Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
4. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.