The State of Connecticut, Department
of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) is a health care agency whose mission is to promote the
overall health and wellness of persons with behavioral health needs through an
integrated network of holistic, comprehensive, effective, and efficient
services and supports that foster dignity, respect, and self-sufficiency in
those we serve.
Are you a self-starter? Do you have a passion for supporting
others? Do you want to make a difference while participating in a dynamic and
reciprocal health care environment in the public sector? If so, we want you to
DMHAS, Connecticut Valley Hospital (CVH) seeks qualified and experienced individuals for two Office Assistant positions within the Administrative Support
and Services Division. These positions
are located in the Medical Records unit at 1000 Silver Street, Middletown,
CT. They are full-time, 40 hours per week positions, with a work schedule
of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The position numbers are
127840 & 127841.
Our vision at
CVH is to promote recovery through collaborative, compassionate, and culturally
competent treatment in a safe and caring environment. We are a state-operated inpatient health care
facility providing individuals with services that assist them to better manage
their illnesses, achieve personal goals, and develop skills and supports that
lead to living the most constructive and satisfying lives possible.
In this role you will discover the opportunity to:
- Maintain records and provide staff with records
of discharged patients;
- Audit data entry and makes corrections;
- Assemble new charts for the Admissions Office
and maintain supplies;
- Enter information in the medical records
tracking system; and
- Assist with purging medical charts.
Are you looking for a
challenging clerical position in a medical environment?
If so, please apply today!
This position will be filled in
accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer,
promotion and merit employment rules.
Candidates who meet the
Minimum Qualifications - as listed on the job opening - will be considered for
this role, as determined by qualifications stated on the submitted
The immediate vacancy is listed
above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future
vacancies in this job class.
All State employees shall follow
the guidelines as listed in Executive Orders 13F (3a) and 13G (3a).
The minimum experience and
training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we
are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment
process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
This posting may require
completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via
an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by
visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires
section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's
expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status
Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily
basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a
Although applicants will receive
correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to
their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all
emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
Note: At any point during
the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional
documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position.
These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews,
attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion
of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as
indicated to apply for this position.
Should you have questions
pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Doreen Clemson at Doreen.Clemson@ct.gov or (860) 785-9855.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency this class is accountable for performing a full range of general clerical functions or for carrying out responsibility for the flow and completion of clerical work in an assigned area.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
1. TYPING: Types a variety of materials in relation to other duties or as assigned; enters and retrieves data on personal computers and computer terminals.
2. FILING: Sets up and maintains office procedures, filing and indexing systems and forms for own use.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes routine correspondence.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles and generates recurrent technical, statistical or financial reports requiring judgment in the selection and presentation of data (format).
5. INTERPERSONAL: Provides general information and referral services in response to citizen complaints or questions regarding an agency's services or authority; responds to inquiries from other work units or departments/agencies; applies agency policies and state statutes and regulations in determining case status or responding to requests for procedural assistance; may lead lower level employees in carrying out assigned clerical functions.
6. PROCESSING: Maintains calendars of due dates and initiates recurring work or special clerical projects accordingly; processes a variety of documents in determining routine case status; exercises discretion in choosing appropriate follow through procedures within defined guidelines including assembling and reviewing incoming materials for accuracy, completeness and conformance to established guidelines and agency policy and procedures, verifying information through use of internal resources and contacts with sender and other work units and soliciting additional information as required by phone or form letter; processes purchase requisitions/purchase orders for subsequent action; prepares payment lists and billing invoices; receives shipments of materials and matches/verifies shipment or billing invoices against original purchase orders; maintains billing control cards, files, journals or account ledgers by posting credits, expenditures, interest, etc.; figures payments, costs, discounts and adjustments using prescribed methods and formulas; receives monies in various forms such as cash, checks and money orders and prepares for deposit; maintains inventory and orders supplies; uses a variety of automated equipment to perform job functions; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of office systems and procedures including proper telephone usage and filing; oral and written communication skills; skill in performing arithmetical computations; basic interpersonal skills; ability to perform a full range of clerical tasks; ability to operate office equipment which includes personal computers, computer terminals and other electronic automated equipment; ability to operate office suite software; ability to schedule and prioritize workflow; ability to read and interpret complex instructions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Two (2) years of general clerical work experience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling six (6) months of experience.
The preferred candidate will have:
working with an agency that supports individuals struggling with mental illness
and substance use disorders.
working in a medical office or hospital setting.
- Experience filtering, sorting, and entering data
using Microsoft Excel.
- Experience creating and formatting manuals using
Microsoft Word & PowerPoint.
- Experience communicating, maintaining calendars,
contacts and reminders using Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience creating, viewing, and editing PDFs
using Adobe Acrobat.
with paper medical records such as creating new folders, filing, chart
Persons having responsibility for supervising or observing the behavior of inmates or custodial individuals will be required to possess a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certification by the time of permanent appointment.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.