North Franklin, CT
|Date Opened||8/5/2021 3:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$13.00 - $14.00 per hour|
|Close Date||10/16/2021 11:59:00 PM|
The mission of the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) Wildlife Division is to advance the conservation, use, and appreciation of Connecticut’s wildlife resources.
The Wildlife Division is seeking to hire several Seasonal Resource Assistants to work for the Pheasant Program to assist with pheasant stocking statewide. The Seasonal Resource Assistants will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, including but not limited to loading and unloading heavy crates, driving a 4WD vehicle in difficult terrain, handling live birds, and working in areas where hunting is occurring.
The positions are thirty-five (35) to forty (40) hours, three to four days per week, Monday through Saturday, between 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 pm (hours flexible). Occasional evening work required. $13.00 - $14.00 per hour depending on education and experience. There are no benefits and no housing with this position.
Employees will report to Eastern District Headquarters, Franklin WMA or Sessions Woods WMA depending on their assigned pheasant stocking route. The selected candidates must have a valid driver’s license and an excellent driving record.
Applicants are required to upload a resume within the resume tab of the application.
Please ensure that your application is complete. You will be unable to make revisions once it is submitted. Questions can be sent to Emily.Kennedy@ct.gov.
The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.