Are you experienced as a MuleSoft Developer? Are you looking to make a difference while being part of a dynamic team in the public sector? If you answered yes, we have an exciting opportunity for you to explore!
DAS BEST is excitedly seeking a MuleSoft Developer (Information Technology Analyst 3
) to join our team with strong knowledge and experience on the Mulesoft platform to perform hands-on technical design and coding, delivering highly functional API led integration solutions.
Our mission at the State of Connecticut
Department of Administrative Services (DAS
), is to strive to promote timely, fair, competent, cost-effective services to address the needs of state agencies, municipalities, and the public.
The developer will closely work with business and other application teams to understand the client's business and application needs and will be responsible for designing robust and scalable solutions to meet those needs. The candidate will leverage knowledge and experience in Mulesoft platform components including API Manager, Runtime Manager, AnyPoint Studio, Dataweave and AnyPoint MQ. The Person should have a strong knowledge in the areas of Middleware integration strategies, Application Programming Interface (API) Management, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Design Principles and Microservices.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 35 hours per week, 8:00am-3:30pm
Location: 55 Farmington Avenue, Hartford, Connecticut
Our employees participate in a competitive benefits plan
that includes healthcare coverage, and a retirement plan, as well as paid time off! We encourage a healthy work/life balance
to all employees.
Please ensure that your application is complete and you have included a resume within the "Resume Tab" of your application.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application. Please ensure that your application is complete, you will not be able to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.
The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
NOTE: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
Should you have questions regarding this recruitment please contact Jennifer Neumann at email@example.com and reference the recruitment number.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency Information Technology (IT) environment, this class is accountable for performing the most complex and technical support work and/or acting as a working supervisor of Information Technology Analysts engaged in information systems development or technical support.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Example of Duties:
- Designing Application Programming Interface (API) layers, data model and API specifications.
- Developing APIs using Mulesoft platform components including API Manager, CloudHub, AnyPoint Studio, Dataweave and AnyPoint Messaging Queue (MQ).
- Developing solution features following MuleSoft development best practices, ensuring solution performance and system scalability.
- Testing and improving performance of the APIs in terms of response time, reliability and resource usage.
- Writing Dataweave expressions to transform data, Control message content, flow, and processing by selecting and implementing appropriate connectors, routers, scopes, and filters.
- Designing and implement comprehensive error handling strategies for applications.
- Driving continuous integration and delivery of APIs using DevOps tools.
- Configuring and deploying Mule applications to CloudHub and/or single or clusters of customer-hosted Mule runtimes.
- Implementing and consuming (Representational State Transfer) REST and (Single Object Access Protocol) SOAP web services.
- Create and configuring flows, sub flows, and flow processing strategies for reusability and performance.
- Troubleshooting complex production issues with APIs, identify source of the issue and work with the appropriate team to get the issue fixed.
- Additional duties can be found here.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis, design, development, and computer programming; considerable knowledge of principles of information systems; considerable knowledge of principles and theories of business and planning functions; considerable knowledge of programming languages; considerable knowledge of project management principles and techniques; considerable knowledge of principles, problems and techniques of data processing and data communication operations; considerable knowledge of data processing and data communications equipment and diagnostic tools; considerable knowledge of methods and procedures used to conduct detailed analysis and design of computer systems; considerable knowledge of principles of complex computer operating systems; knowledge of principles and techniques of business information systems re-engineering; knowledge of network protocols and architecture; knowledge of practices and issues of systems security and disaster recovery; knowledge of applications systems development principles and techniques; knowledge of principles and practices of data base management; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable problem solving skills; considerable technical problem solving skills; considerable analytical skills; considerable ability to prepare correspondence, manuals, reports and documentation; considerable ability to analyze and resolve operational and communications problems; considerable ability to analyze and debug complex software programs; considerable ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems; some supervisory ability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Seven (7) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or another IT related field.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the full
professional working level with responsibility for performing a full range of
complex technical support functions in such areas as: assisting in the design,
implementation and management of a major communications network; providing
technical and administrative support for a wide area network (WAN) or
mini-computer system; assisting in the installation and maintenance of major
sub-systems or installing and maintaining other host and/or network software; participating
in the design and development of system applications; serving as a project
coordinator responsible for coordinating the design, development, programming
and implementation of moderately complex information systems projects;
performing any closely related complex technical support function.
NOTE: For state employees this is interpreted at the level of
Information Technology Analyst 2.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Software Development experience.
- Experience working with Mulesoft AnyPoint Platform as developer.
- Experience with implementing Application Programming Interface (API) security patterns.
- Experience with Agile Development and Continuous Integration\Continuous Development tools.
- Experience with Policy, Logging, Auditing and Performance Monitoring and Troubleshooting.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.