Looking for a seasonal job?
If so, we invite you to check out this opportunity with the State of Connecticut!
The Department of Environmental and Energy Protection (DEEP), Bureau of Central Services, Engineering and Field Support Services, Marine HQ is recruiting for an Environmental Protection Seasonal Resource Assistant to work in Madison.
This position will perform work related to the repair and maintenance of DEEP fleet vehicles and equipment. Please see "Examples of Duties" below for more details.
Other Key Information:
- Location: Hammonasset Beach Maintenance Garage in Madison, CT.
- Pay: $12.00 to $14.00 per hour depending on education and experience. No benefits.
- Duration: Summer through early winter
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, 40 hours-per-week, first shift
For an inside look at what it is like to Make an ImpaCT as a State of Connecticut employee, check out the video below!
Deep is charged with conserving, improving and protecting the natural resources and the environment of the state of Connecticut as well as making cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy available for the people and businesses of the state. The agency is also committed to playing a positive role in rebuilding Connecticut’s economy and creating jobs and to fostering a sustainable and prosperous economic future for the state.
For technical support regarding the filing of your application in JobApps, please contact Jake Ferrari via email at email@example.com.
For inquiries regarding the status of your application for this position, please contact Deb Corcoran via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Do not submit a cover letter. Applicants must only include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and an excellent driving record.
Applicants must be 18 years old minimum.
The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, as a limited duration employee, performs one or more of a variety of tasks and assigned duties of a seasonal nature.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Performs work related to the repair and maintenance of DEEP fleet vehicles and equipment including but not limited to light services, routine preventative maintenance, cleaning of tools and equipment, parts pick up, small engine repairs, blade sharpening, provide assistance in tire replacement, oil changes, trailer wiring, 2-cycle engine repairs, spark plug replacement, filter cleaning and/or replacement and equipment lubrication as well as other related maintenance duties. This position may work under the direct supervision of a qualified automotive technician.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Ability to follow instructions.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.