Looking to do seasonal work? If so, check out this opportunity!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP), Bureau of Central Services, Engineering and Field Support Services, is hiring 2 office assistants, located in Marlborough and Old Lyme.
The openings are located at Eastern District Headquarters in Marlborough and Marine District Headquarters in Old Lyme. Each District Office may have different emphasis based on their staff and location.
- Pay: $12.00 to $14.00 per hour depending on education and experience. No benefits.
- Schedule: Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm (40 hours per week)
DEEP is charged with conserving, improving and protecting the natural resources and the environment of the state of Connecticut as well as making cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy available for the people and businesses of the state. The agency is also committed to playing a positive role in rebuilding Connecticut’s economy and creating jobs and to fostering a sustainable and prosperous economic future for the state.
For technical support regarding the filing of your application in JobApps, please contact Jake Ferrari via email at email@example.com.
Questions about your application status or about the position in general should be directed to Deb Corcoran via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Do not submit a cover letter. Applicants must only include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and an excellent driving record.
Applicants must be 18 years old minimum.
The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, as a limited duration employee, performs one or more of a variety of tasks and assigned duties of a seasonal nature.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Supporting all divisions
- Opening & closing office
- Customer service – on phone and in-person
- Handling routine requests for information and/or program materials
- Boot up computers, register and licensing terminals as well as preparing register for sales
- Responsible for schedules of staff, be aware if anyone is scheduled for the field
- Check email, prepare mail (including mass mailings), disperse mail, filing
- Provide applications and permits for youth group, backpack camping and parking
- Print and circulate project requests for review
- Organize mileage, gas and diesel sheets and send to Hartford Office
- Sell park passes and sport licenses
- Prepare SIMS reports prepare and make bank deposits
- Close down systems including setting alarm on building
- Other related duties as necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Ability to follow instructions.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.