|Date Opened||4/30/2021 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,384 - $66,519/year|
|Job Type||Open to Agency Employees|
|Close Date||5/10/2021 11:59:00 PM|
Located in Willimantic, CT, Eastern Connecticut State University (ECSU) is one of the State of Connecticut institutions of higher learning and the state’s designated public liberal arts university. Our mission is to provide high quality undergraduate and select graduate programs to a diverse population of talented students.
We are recruiting for a full-time Qualified Craft Worker (Carpentry) to work Monday - Friday, 7am - 3pm. The incumbent in this role must possess a CT Drivers License and be able to lift moderate to heavy loads.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee of the Board of Regents, who has permanent state status*, and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanent status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application with their submission. Applicants invited to interview may be required to submit additional documentation, which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Should you have questions pertaining to any phase of this recruitment, please contact the hiring agency's human resources office: LaShawn McBride, HR-Recruitment@easternct.edu, (860) 465-5220.
In a state agency, this class is accountable for performing highly skilled carpentry duties.
Performs highly skilled carpentry tasks in accordance with standard trade practices; makes estimates of time, personnel and material required on assigned tasks; keeps necessary records; performs alterations, repairs and maintenance of structures and facilities; performs skilled bench work, operating with such equipment as power saws, jointers, wood lathes, planers, boring, sanding and mortising machines; builds and repairs cabinets; cleans, sharpens and repairs hand and bench tools; lays resilient flooring and Formica; in smaller trade areas may be the sole worker running a skilled trade area; may cut glass and glaze windows; may fabricate signs; at state owned airports may be required to stand by for and respond to fire and/or crash emergency situations; performs related duties as required.
Considerable knowledge of and ability to apply standard tools, materials, methods and practices of the particular trade; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare estimates and keep shop records; some ability to utilize computer software.
Four (4) years of experience in the carpentry trade area.
Two (2) years of the General Experience must have been performing skilled trade functions in the carpentry craft.
Note: For State Employees, this is interpreted at the level of Skilled Maintainer or Transportation Maintainer 2. Housekeeping, custodial and food services duties will not be considered as qualifying experience.
1. Graduation from a vocational or technical school with a diploma designating completion of subject requirements in carpentry may be substituted for two (2) years of the General Experience.
2. Two (2) years of experience as a Qualified Craft Worker Intern may be substituted for the General and Special Experience.
3. Experience performing technical duties within the carpentry trade area on a military base, aircraft carrier or large compound may be substituted for the General and Special Experience on a year for year basis.
1. Incumbents in this class may be required by the appointing authority to possess and retain appropriate current licenses, permits and/or certifications.
2. At the University of Connecticut: Incumbents in this class must have graduated from a vocational or technical school with a diploma and/or official transcript designating completion of course work in carpentry, or have equivalent postsecondary formal education from an accredited association or institution.
At State Airports: In addition to the checking of references and of facts stated in the application, a thorough background investigation of each candidate may be made before persons are certified for appointment.
1. Incumbents in this class must have adequate physical strength, stamina, physical agility and visual and auditory acuity, and must maintain such physical fitness as to be able to perform the duties of the class.
2. A physical examination may be required.
1. Incumbents in this class may be required to lift moderate to heavy weights; may be exposed to extreme weather conditions and to risk of injury from equipment.
2. The appointing authority may require completion of an asbestos removal program consistent with EPA guidelines for operations and maintenance during employment in this class. Incumbents may be required to use protective equipment such as respirators and safety goggles.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.