|Date Opened||5/3/2021 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$57,777 - $74,767/year|
|Job Type||Open to Statewide Employees|
|Close Date||5/9/2021 11:59:00 PM|
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee, who has permanent state status* and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
*For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanent status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
Please ensure that your application is complete, and it includes how your experience meets the preferred qualifications as listed in this posting. Please be sure to include your resume within the "Resume" tab of your application. You will be unbale to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system.
Applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.
The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
Throughout the Recruitment:
Candidates selected for interview must provide the following:
In a state agency this class is accountable for independently performing the most complex tasks in providing both office administration and secretarial support for a major program.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports, assisting, creating, and maintaining tracking system.
• Compose and edit daily Morning Reports from seven different units.
• Handling all correspondence, directing phone calls, maintaining multiple Microsoft Outlook calendars, scheduling meetings
• Responsible for preparing Travel Authorizations for sworn personnel, to include booking flights, rental cars, hotel and travel expenses
• Manage Division of State Police Department Awards program, keep board members up to date, mail letters to award recipients
• Keep track of overtime for eight units in the Office of Field Operations, ensure overtime codes are correct, prepare Excel report
• Maintain Probationary Evaluations database for promotions; ensure evaluations are submitted and reviewed by the Lieutenant Colonel
• Arrest Warrant book must be kept up to date and disseminated to District Commanding Officers
• Maintain all transfers in an Access database
• Review and maintain sick leave audits for Districts/Units
• Prepare Affirmative Action Reports
• Update Staffing / Resident Troopers / Constables database
• Maintain insurance database on specialty vehicles assigned to the specialized units in OFO
• Update Field Command listing and disseminate accordingly
• Maintain and update the Division of State Police Table of Organization and disseminate accordingly
• Prepare the Division of State Police Position Action Requests (PARS)
For a full list of responsibilities for this job classification, please click here.
Considerable knowledge of office administration and management; considerable knowledge of department and/or unit policies and procedures; considerable knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation and spelling; considerable knowledge of business communications; knowledge of business math; considerable interpersonal skills; ability to operate office equipment which includes personal computers and other electronic equipment; ability to operate office suite software; ability to take notes (shorthand, speedwriting or other method acceptable to manager).
Four (4) years' experience above the routine clerk level in office support or secretarial work.
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been as a Secretary 2 or its equivalent.
College training in the secretarial sciences may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of 15 semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of two (2) years.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.