Are you a skilled IT professional with Kronos experience?
Would you like to work in a diverse team setting for a new Workforce Management division?
Our mission at the State of Connecticut
Department of Administrative Services (DAS
), is to strive to promote timely, fair, competent, cost-effective services to address the needs of state agencies, municipalities, and the public.
We looking for self-starters willing to make a difference. We are working to improve the experience of all those who interact with the State and are making progress. Come join an organization that provides superior benefits, competitive salaries and where people truly believe in what they are doing. We’re committed in bringing passion and customer focus to all those with whom we interact.
The Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology (BEST) is seeking an Integration Specialist 2 (Information Technology Analyst 2) (ITA 2) to join our team! In this role you will lead the day to day integration support for the new Kronos Workforce Management Solution.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 35 hours per week, 8:00am-4:00pm; 1 hour for lunch
Location: 55 Farmington Avenue, Hartford, Connecticut
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application. Please ensure that your application is complete, you will not be able to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.
Applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Raisa Capellan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency Information Technology (IT) environment, this class is accountable for independently performing a full range of information technology tasks and project coordination work involving infrastructure systems support, security and application development in an IT environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
This position will be responsible for:
- Supporting the system interfaces for the Kronos WFM Solution, including creation and design changes to the interface to address needs for data elements, file layout, custom fields, and data transformation;
- Performing system configuration as needed;
- Monitoring the daily and weekly system interfaces to exchange data between Kronos and Peoplesoft; related batch schedules and support;
- Troubleshooting and resolving data discrepancies and file import/export errors;
- Performing impact analysis of business process changes that impact changes to data elements and file layout as a result of system configuration changes;
- Participating in testing of new system enhancements and production fixes introduced by the vendor;
- Creating the standard operating procedures for production support monitoring;
- Developing system tools and procedures for Level II Help Desk Support;
- Managing Level II System support issues;
- Ensuring systems are in alignment with regulatory/compliance, privacy, and security requirements.
- Additional duties can be found here.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of IT equipment and diagnostic tools; considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis, design, development and programming; considerable knowledge of principles of information systems; considerable knowledge of principles and theories of business and planning functions; considerable knowledge of programming languages; considerable knowledge of capabilities of computer technology; knowledge of methods and procedures used to conduct detailed analysis and design of computer systems; knowledge of principles and techniques of software generation and programming; knowledge of practices and issues of systems’ security and disaster recovery; knowledge of computer operating systems; knowledge of project management principles and techniques; knowledge of principles and techniques of business information systems re-engineering; considerable technical problem solving skills; considerable logic and analytical skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable problem solving skills; interpersonal skills; project coordination skills; considerable ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve data communications problems; considerable ability to write, test and debug computer programs; considerable ability to use programming development tools; considerable ability to prepare manuals, reports, documentation and other written materials; considerable ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems; ability to analyze and debug complex software programs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Six (6) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or another IT related support area.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been performing
professional information technology work in such areas as: installation and support of microcomputer
hardware, software and operating systems; analysis, design and development of
information systems network hardware and software installation and support; network
hardware and/or software problem diagnosis and resolution; performing any
closely related professional IT function.
NOTE: For state employees this is interpreted at the level of
Information Technology Analyst 1.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Experience with Kronos installation, administration and upgrades;
- Experience with Integration tools;
- Experience with IBM WebSphere, IBM Atlas, or IBM Enterprise Records Management;
- Experience with MuleSoft, Pilotfish or other enterprise web service;
- Experience with C#, Python, PowerShell, ASP.NET, MVC and SQL/Server;
- Experience with monitoring system processing for a 24/7 operations;
- Experience with application maintenance.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.