Would you love to work in a collaborative, dynamic environment that delivers phenomenal technology and lead groundbreaking projects?
Are you looking to use your specialist Salesforce and Cloud Engineering skills to join Connecticut's newest initiative?
The Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Authority (the “Authority), is seeking a motivated Salesforce Community Cloud Engineer. In this new role, you will work in partnership with the Director of Information Technology and the Solution Architect to craft, develop, and deploy our Salesforce applications. Join our team if you have experience in implementing portal and CMS solutions with an eye toward design, accessibility and usability!
The Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance Authority is a quasi-governmental agency formed by statute and signed into law by Governor Ned Lamont in 2019. Its mission is to help Connecticut’s workforce navigate health challenges and life changes with greater financial security.
Through a trust funded by employees, the Authority makes benefits payments to eligible employees when either the employee or their family member takes a leave from work to care for themselves or a family member.
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Raisa Capellan at Raisa.Capellan@ct.gov.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Designing and implementing solutions using Community Cloud functionality.
- Supporting solutions for an employer/employee portal and employer registration process.
- Determine the appropriate approach to manage CMS content supporting multiple languages
- Distinguish the key components that contribute to performance optimization within a design.
- Build solutions that scale and perform.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and issues.
- Meet and manage customer expectations.
- Consistently deliver effective business solutions.
- Follow a consistent and automated way to build, package, and test applications for continuous integration (CI).
- Support the development aspects of all application projects in peer IT portfolios.
- Analyze customer requirements to determine an appropriate solution design considering capabilities, limitations and design trade-offs.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- 3–5 years of experience designing and implementing portal solutions
- Demonstrable ability to communicate the complexities of technical programs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Deep knowledge of the Salesforce platform including Service Cloud and Community Cloud.
- Solid grasp of content management and database concepts.
- Familiarity with the agile software development.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Certified Community Cloud Consultant.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator.
- Certified Salesforce Advanced Administrator a plus.
Additional Key Skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with teams to deliver excellent results and maintain a collegial work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to share authority and responsibility in high stakes, complex and fast-moving work environment.
- Extremely strong project and time management skills, including a high level of organization, attention to detail, and follow-through, while balancing and prioritizing multiple activities and responsibilities.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and ability to inspire collaboration, including success in working in teams, projects, and people towards action through persuasion.
- Demonstrated experience engaging in creative problem solving and taking initiative, while utilizing a solutions-oriented approach and exhibiting flexibility and good judgement in a complex organizational ecosystem.
- Willingness to travel throughout Connecticut and the northeast corridor, as well as periodic travel to other states as needed.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.