The State of Connecticut
, Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS
) is a health care agency whose mission is to promote the overall health and wellness of persons with behavioral health needs through an integrated network of holistic, comprehensive, effective, and efficient services and supports that foster dignity, respect, and self-sufficiency in those we serve.
The Connecticut Mental Health Center
(CMHC) is an urban community mental health center with an exceptional 30-year tradition of serving individuals with serious mental illness. Founded in 1966, we care for more than 5,000 people a year in a variety of services! We treat individuals suffering from severe and persistent psychosis, depression, anxiety, addictions (including alcoholism, cocaine, and gambling) and those with co-existing mental health and addiction problems.
Are you looking to support an agency that really makes a difference in peoples lives? If so, we encourage you to apply today! We are currently recruiting for a Maintainer, Plant Operations, 34 Park Street, New Haven, CT. This position is 1st shift, full time, 37.5 hours per week 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Discover the opportunity to:
- Help ensure a clean and safe environment for clients and staff;
- Be part of a team making an impact on peoples lives;
- Enjoy a variety of tasks when performing your work.
We participate in a competitive benefits plan
that includes healthcare coverage, a retirement plan as well as paid time off.
*The entry level compensation rate for this position shall be ten percent (10%) below the minimum compensation listed on this bulletin for an employee in his/her initial working test period. Upon completion of the initial working test period, the employee shall advance to the minimum (Step 1) of the salary schedule and be paid accordingly.
Please ensure that your application is complete. You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application into the JobAps system. At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include performance reviews, attendance, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. You do not have to attach these documents to your application submission.
Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment we encourage you to contact Andrew Pebley at Andrew.email@example.com
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency this class is accountable for performing basic tasks of an unskilled nature (e.g. requiring little prior experience or training; most tasks can be learned quickly on the job) in one or several of the following areas:
- building and equipment maintenance (operational and remedial)
- grounds care
- food services
- operation of trucks of less than five ton capacity
- parking garage
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
See attached addendum.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Some interpersonal skills; some oral and written communication skills; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to learn policies and procedures; ability to operate, care for and perform minor maintenance on tools and equipment used in daily work; some ability in simple record keeping.
Any experience and training which provide the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
Incumbents in this class may be required by the appointing authority to possess and retain appropriate current licenses, permits and/or certifications.
1. Incumbents in this class must have adequate physical strength, stamina, physical agility, visual and auditory acuity, and must maintain such physical fitness as to be able to perform the duties of the class.
2. A physical examination may be required.
1. Incumbents in this class may be required to lift moderate to heavy weights and may be exposed to extreme weather conditions and risk of injury from equipment and assaultive and/or abusive patients and/or clients.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to complete an asbestos removal program consistent with EPA guidelines for operations and maintenance during employment in this class. Incumbents may be required to use protective equipment such as respirators and safety goggles.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.