|Date Opened||8/6/2020 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$87,339 - $125,220/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||8/20/2020 11:59:00 PM|
Do you want to be part of a great team of engineers who are shaping the future of Transportation in Connecticut?
The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) is accepting applications for a Transportation Engineer 3 in the Environmental Compliance section at our Headquarters in Newington, Connecticut. This position is full time, 40 hours per week and is in the P-4 (Engineering and Scientific) bargaining unit.
In this role, you will read, interpret, and implement complex environmental regulations; collaborate with other operating units, agencies and outside officials regarding implementation procedure of environmental regulations, policies and procedures and reporting functions; perform engineering evaluations; oversee soil and groundwater investigations that are conducted during the design phase of Department projects; develop contract documents to handle any contaminated soil and groundwater issues during construction; and provide support during construction with the implementation of environmental specifications and addressing construction issues. Other responsibilities include conducting asbestos, lead and hazardous material surveys for bridge projects and for any structure demolitions or renovations. This work is performed using on-call Environmental Consultants, therefore responsibilities also include reviewing reports, invoices and budgets.
The DOT offers a competitive starting salary and excellent State benefits package including health/dental insurance, generous paid time off, retirement plan, alternate work schedule options and a multitude of other benefits. We also offer the convenience of an on-site, low-cost fitness center, on-site cafeteria, and ample free parking. We are centrally located in Newington with easy access from major highways and by public transportation. Click here to learn more about what it's like to be a Transportation Engineer at the Connecticut DOT!
The successful candidate must be available to travel for training, conferences, meetings, field reviews, etc. both within and outside of normal working hours, when necessary. A valid motor vehicle operator's license is required.
Applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application. Ensure that your application is complete before submitting it. Applicants will be unable to make revisions once their application is submitted into the JobAps system.
NOTE: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance appraisals, cover letters, college transcripts, verification of degree completion, foreign education equivalency reports from a recognized USA accrediting service, licensure, employment/supervisory references, etc.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. The candidate pool resulting from this posting may be used to fill Transportation Engineer 3 (Engineering) vacancies that occur at the Department of Transportation, Bureau of Engineering and Construction, Environmental Compliance unit, in the next twelve (12) months.
Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
Direct questions pertaining to this recruitment to Jackie Ouellette at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference: TE3 Environmental Compliance 31662.
1. Possession of Professional Engineer (PE) licensure from the Department of Consumer Protection State Board of Examiners for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors consistent with C.G.S.§20-302 may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree requirement.
2. Possession of Engineer-In-Training (EIT) licensure from the Department of Consumer Protection State Board of Examiners for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors consistent with C.G.S.§20-302 may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree requirement.
3. A Master’s degree in engineering may be substituted for one (1) year of the General Experience.
4. Current incumbents in the class of Transportation Engineer 2 (ENGINEERING) who do not possess the degree or certification/licensure qualifications as detailed on this class specification may be considered for promotion to Transportation Engineer 3 (ENGINEERING) upon having three (3) years of experience in transportation engineering. One (1) of the three (3) years' must have been as a Transportation Engineer 2 (ENGINEERING).
1. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
2. Incumbents may be required to travel.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.