Franklin Wildlife Management
North Franklin, CT
|Date Opened||3/11/2020 07:45:00 AM|
|Salary||$11.00 - $14.00 per hour|
|Close Date||5/8/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) Wildlife Division is charged with advancing the conservation, use, and appreciation of Connecticut’s wildlife resources.
DEEP's Wildlife Division is currently seeking Seasonal Resource Assistants to work with the division’s state land wildlife impoundments. The positions are based at the Wildlife Division’s Franklin Swamp Wildlife Management Area in North Franklin, CT, but work will be conducted statewide.
There are 91 state land wildlife impoundments that have been identified by the DEEP Wildlife Division as being a priority for management. The long-term goal of this management is to focus on maintaining adequate access to these impoundments, dike maintenance, and in some instances, active water level management. Maintenance of wildlife impoundments/wetlands will serve to provide quality habitat for waterfowl, wading birds, and other wetland dependent wildlife. Opportunities to assist on other field projects may be made available as time allows and according to employee interest.
These positions are first shift and are thirty-five (35) hours per week, Monday through Friday, with the potential for some weekend and evening work required.
Salary: The pay rate varies from $11.00 to $14.00 per hour, depending on education and experience. There are no benefits with these positions.
Length of position: Approximately six (6) months, (no more than 1,030 hours). This position will start beginning June 5th.
Note: Do not submit a cover letter. Applicants must only include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Questions about these positions should be directed to: Kelly Kubik, (860) 418-5960, firstname.lastname@example.org
These positions are non-competitive. Open to the public.
The selected candidates must be fluent in English and be at least 18 years old.
The selected candidates must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license. Travel is required.
The selected candidates must possess and maintain adequate physical flexibility, strength and stamina to perform the duties (including work outside in inclement weather, work outside for extended periods), and work well with other staff and members of the public.
(1) Mowing and clearing of impoundments using small equipment (i.e., brush cutters, DR mowers, and handheld tools).
(2) Manipulating water levels using weir boards.
(3) Clearing beaver debris from inlet pipes.
(4) Updating Microsoft Excel databases.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.