|Date Opened||2/11/2020 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$84,385 - $120,985/year|
|Job Type||Open to Agency Employees|
|Close Date||2/24/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) invites its qualified agency employees to apply for a Transportation Engineer 3 (Engineering) position in the Administration/Policy/Estimating Group at our Headquarters in Newington, Connecticut. This position is full time, 40 hours per week and is in the P-4 (Engineering and Scientific) bargaining unit.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee of the Department of Transportation, who has permanent state status*, and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on this job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
*For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanent status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
Applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application. Ensure that your application is complete before submitting it. Applicants will be unable to make revisions once their application is submitted into the JobAps system. Applicants who submit and subsequently withdraw their application will not be able to resubmit for the same posting.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, available to travel to and attend training, conferences, public meetings, field reviews, etc. both within and outside of normal working hours when necessary, and must have a valid Driver's license. Applicants must list their valid Driver's license number, expiration date and issuing State, and any other job-relevant licenses or certifications, in the Licenses and Professional Certifications section of their application.
NOTE: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to answer additional questions and/or submit additional documentation which supports their qualifications for this position. These documents may include; cover letters, college transcripts, verification of degree completion, foreign education equivalency reports from a recognized USA accrediting service, proof of licensure, performance appraisals, employment/supervisory references, etc.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. The candidate pool resulting from this posting may be used to fill Transportation Engineer 3 (E) vacancies that occur in the Administration/Policy/Estimating Group in Newington in the next twelve (12) months. Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account.
Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment please contact Jackie Ouellette at email@example.com and reference Transportation Engineer 3 - #84613.
1. Possession of Professional Engineer (PE) licensure from the Department of Consumer Protection State Board of Examiners for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors consistent with C.G.S.§20-302 may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree requirement.
2. Possession of Engineer-In-Training (EIT) licensure from the Department of Consumer Protection State Board of Examiners for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors consistent with C.G.S.§20-302 may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree requirement.
3. A Master’s degree in engineering may be substituted for one (1) year of the General Experience.
4. Current incumbents in the class of Transportation Engineer 2 (ENGINEERING) who do not possess the degree or certification/licensure qualifications as detailed on this class specification may be considered for promotion to Transportation Engineer 3 (ENGINEERING) upon having three (3) years of experience in transportation engineering. One (1) of the three (3) years' must have been as a Transportation Engineer 2 (ENGINEERING).
1. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
2. Incumbents may be required to travel.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.