|Date Opened||1/10/2020 3:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,178 - $57,970/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||1/22/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, State Department of Education invites applicants to apply for a durational full-time Secretary 1 position within The Connecticut Technical Education and Career System.This position will maintain an exceedingly functional office environment while providing direct administrative support to the school principal and clerical support to the main office. In addition, the ideal candidate would have experience in office management and background that include expertise in computer programs such as excel, word, power-point, and preferably power-school. It is important that that the candidate is able conduct research, prepare reports, documents, manage calendars, take accurate minutes of meetings, and make travel arrangements. The candidate must have the ability to think creatively, problem-solve, and cultivate and retain relationships of trust and essential quality. The ability to communicate, both written and oral, with state agencies, school personnel, students and parents are all critical elements of the position. It is important that this person be able to manage a certain level of ambiguity and change.
This position is located at 7 Mahan Drive, Norwich, CT, and is based on a 12-month position, 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, the Bureau of Human Resources is unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. For all other inquiries, please contact Ryan Howe at email@example.com.
Incumbents perform a variety of secretarial duties as illustrated in the following areas:
1. TYPING: Using a personal computer or other electronic equipment formats and types a full range of correspondence, reports, bills, drafts, etc. from rough draft, transcription, dictated notes, etc.; proofreads for content; edits using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
2. FILING: Designs office filing systems; organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes routine letters/memoranda, etc. (e.g. standard replies and acknowledgement letters) for supervisor's signature.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from standard sources and prepares data reports (e.g. number of forms processed during the month).
5. INTERPERSONAL: Greets and directs visitors; answers phones and takes messages; answers questions requiring knowledge of terminology, organization, supervisor's responsibilities, etc. (e.g. appropriate referrals, general purpose of the unit).
6. PROCESSING: Scans correspondence; pulls and attaches related materials; reviews, routes and prioritizes mail.
7. PERSONAL SECRETARY: Arranges and coordinates meetings (including space and equipment); writes minutes of meetings, lectures, conferences, etc. from rough draft; takes notes using shorthand, speedwriting or machine transcription prepares expense accounts; makes travel arrangements.
8. OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment; orders supplies when necessary; completes, processes and maintains paperwork for purchasing (e.g. orders, requisitions, invoices, etc.); maintains time and attendance records; performs related duties as required.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.