|Date Opened||1/1/2020 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$93.89 - $113.18/hour|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||2/2/2020 11:59:00 PM|
Are you interested in a career where you can make a difference, do what you are passionate about, and receive personal fulfillment? Do you bring experience providing direct psychiatric care to youth hospitalized and leading interdisciplinary treatment teams? If you are that candidate, then the Albert J. Solnit Children’s Center is looking for you to be a part of our team.
The Department of Children and Families (DCF) seeks a qualified individual for a Principal Psychiatrist. This is a part-time, thirty-four hours per week position. Hours are first shift, Monday – Thursday 8:30 am – 5 pm in the Sachem and Passaic hospital units, including on-call duties as assigned (compensated additionally).
The Albert J. Solnit Children's Center – South Campus is a state-administered Psychiatric facility for Connecticut’s children who are under the age of eighteen, located on a 67-acre campus at 915 River Road, Middletown, CT 06457.
The center provides comprehensive care to children and adolescents with severe mental illness and related behavior and emotional problems who cannot be safely assessed or treated in a less restrictive setting. The south campus consists of four coed hospital units and three female adolescent psychiatric residential treatment facility cottages (PRTF). The Solnit Center facilities support our dedication to helping youth improve their individual and social competencies.
The State of Connecticut offers a hybrid retirement plan where new employees may elect to participate in the State Employees Retirement System which provides a retirement benefit, including retiree health insurance. Paid time off is also offered, including 12 paid holidays per calendar year in addition to pro-rated vacation, pro-rated sick and pro-rated personal leave accruals.
Please include a resume within the "Resume" tab of your application.
For questions regarding this posting please contact: Martina Gillespie, Martina.Gillespie@ct.gov (860) 704-4224.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and retain a license to practice medicine and surgery in Connecticut. A temporary license may be granted for a period not to exceed one (1) year.
2. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain eligibility for participation in federal health care programs as defined in 42 U.S. 1320a-7b(f).
3. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain certification as a specialist in an area such as geriatrics, ABI/TBI, forensics, substance abuse, etc.
4. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess appropriate current licenses, certifications or permits.
5. Incumbents in this class may be required to be bilingual.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.