Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
|Date Opened||1/10/2020 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$89,852* - $122,505/year (*See 'Introduction' below for salary information)|
|Job Type||Open to Statewide Employees|
|Close Date||1/17/2020 11:59:00 PM|
Who We Are
The State of Connecticut is centralizing its Human Resources function with the following goals:
Are you a skilled Human Resources professional with the knowledge to develop strategies, craft plans, and tackle problems? Can you address pressing issues without losing sight of the big picture?
The Department of Administrative Services (DAS) has a superb anticipated opportunity to serve as the Assistant Human Resources Business Partner (AHRBP) at the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS)!
In this role you will provide support to the lead Human Resources Business Partner 3 to help build and implement DMHAS’s people strategy, provide advice on key people issues, and coordinate with Human Resources Administrators to optimize efficiencies within a matrix organization.
DMHAS is a health care agency whose mission is to promote the overall health and wellness of persons with behavioral health needs through an integrated network of holistic, comprehensive, effective, and efficient services and supports that foster dignity, respect, and self-sufficiency to those they serve.
You will receive general direction from the Human Resources Business Partner 3.
Additionally you will:
• collaborate with agency leadership and staff on mission driven strategies, human resources policies and procedures, proper organizational structure, and use of appropriate job classes;
• address talent needs and other key issues to ensure alignment and with statewide goals and applicable law;
• utilize your leadership and communication strengths to supervise agency human resources staff and guide, coordinate with and support employee and labor relations staff in their day-to-day activities to cultivate a harmonious work environment.
Location: This position will remain physically located at DMHAS’s Middletown office.
Once centralized, this position will report to/be funded by DAS.
*If necessary, the incumbent’s salary will be adjusted to reflect their current MP pay plan.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee, who has permanent state status* and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
*For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanent status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
Please ensure that your application is complete and you have included a resume within the "Resume Tab" of your application.
Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Questions about these required documents or any other phase of this recruitment should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Raisa Capellan at Raisa.Capellan@ct.gov.
In the Department of Administrative Services (DAS), this class is accountable for serving as the assistant to the lead on-site strategic human resources business partner.
Nine (9) years of professional experience in human resource or labor relations management.
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the full advanced working level in human resources or labor relations management.
For state employees, this is interpreted at or above the level of the level of a Principal Human Resources Specialist, Human Resources Generalist 3 or Agency Labor Relations Specialist.
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling one half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in human resources management, labor relations, business administration, public administration or other closely related field or a law degree may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
3. A law degree may be substituted for two (2) additional years of the General Experience.
1. Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.