New Britain, CT
|Date Opened||11/6/2019 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$21.16* - $27.76/hour *(employees new to state service start at minimum of the pay range)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||11/15/2019 11:59:00 PM|
Central Connecticut State University (CCSU) is a constituent unit of the Board of Regents for Higher Education (BOR), Connecticut State Colleges and Universities. As one of the State of Connecticut institutions of higher learning, CCSU is a regional, comprehensive public university dedicated to learning in the liberal arts and sciences and to education for the professions. CCSU offers a vibrant learning-centered community dedicated to teaching and to scholarship.
We are accepting applications from candidates who meet the qualifications for a part time (no benefits) Secretary 1 position . This is 1st shift position, for 19 hours per week (schedule to be determined). This position will support the Department of Biomolecular Science.
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application with their submission. Applicants invited to interview may be required to submit additional documentation, which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, 2 years attendance records, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Should you have questions pertaining to any phase of this recruitment, please contact the hiring agency's human resources office: Gabriela S. Flores-Erazo, email@example.com.
Incumbents perform a variety of secretarial duties as illustrated in the following areas:
1. TYPING: Using a personal computer or other electronic equipment formats and types a full range of correspondence, reports, bills, drafts, etc. from rough draft, transcription, dictated notes, etc.; proofreads for content; edits using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
2. FILING: Designs office filing systems; organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes routine letters/memoranda, etc. (e.g. standard replies and acknowledgement letters) for supervisor's signature.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from standard sources and prepares data reports (e.g. number of forms processed during the month).
5. INTERPERSONAL: Greets and directs visitors; answers phones and takes messages; answers questions requiring knowledge of terminology, organization, supervisor's responsibilities, etc. (e.g. appropriate referrals, general purpose of the unit).
6. PROCESSING: Scans correspondence; pulls and attaches related materials; reviews, routes and prioritizes mail.
7. PERSONAL SECRETARY: Arranges and coordinates meetings (including space and equipment); writes minutes of meetings, lectures, conferences, etc. from rough draft; takes notes using shorthand, speedwriting or machine transcription prepares expense accounts; makes travel arrangements.
8. OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment; orders supplies when necessary; completes, processes and maintains paperwork for purchasing (e.g. orders, requisitions, invoices, etc.); maintains time and attendance records; performs related duties as required.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.