Are you a natural problem solver and love to come up with solutions to difficult IT scenarios? Do you also have strong presentation and interpersonal skills with substantial knowledge of Microsoft Office?
Our mission at the State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services (DAS), is to strive to promote timely, fair, competent, cost-effective services to address the needs of state agencies, municipalities and the public.
We provide superior benefits, competitive salaries and place where people truly believe in what they are doing. We’re committed in bringing passion and customer focus to all those with whom we interact.
The Bureau of Enterprise Systems and Technology (BEST), is seeking a top-tier Active Directory Tech Analyst (ITA 2) with experience using Axway products. You will also have expert skills in SecureMail, Secure Transport, and Sentinel. In this role you will work on:
implementing, maintaining and supporting industry standard monitoring tools;
understanding the fundamental technologies like Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol, Hypertext Transfer Protocol, and Secure Shell;
performing root cause analysis to design preventative activities;
project coordination skills and experience in planning, development, and implementation of project with multiple objectives.
adding and managing Disks to servers for storage space.
If you love supporting and delivering great technology that solves business issues, in a collaborative environment come join us at BEST.
Location: 55 Farmington Avenue, Hartford, CT
Hours: 35 Hours per week; Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
State employees currently holding the above title or those who have previously attained permanent status in this class may apply for a lateral transfer.
Questions about these required documents or any other phase of this recruitment should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Elena Vazquez, firstname.lastname@example.org.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency Information Technology (IT) environment, this class is accountable for independently performing a full range of information technology tasks and project coordination work involving infrastructure systems support, security and application development in an IT environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
This position will be responsible for:
- Communicating among technical and non-technical employees
- A customer driven approach and good customer management skills
- Multi-tasking, working independently, working well under pressure, and be highly organized
- Identifying problems and applying creative solutions
- Configuring, releasing, and change management
- Building and updating technical documentation design documents.
- Serving as a technical expert for first and second level support groups
- Following and applying configuration and security standards and policies within a defined Change Management process
- Providing after hours and on-call support as part of a rotation.
- Creating and deleting Users, Groups, and Resources in Active Directory
- Assigning permission access rights to User and Group accounts in Active Directory
- Deactivating user access
- Managing the State of CT Enterprise File and Print Services on a Windows Server Platform to include Tivoli Storage Manager backup and virus protections. Must be able to coordinate and lead multiple agency migrations on the Enterprise System.
- Managing File servers to include deep understanding of DFS (Distributed File System), NTFS (NT File System) and File Shares permissions.
- Serving as backup administrator to the State’s Secure Mail Server powered by Axway
- Managing and controlling the usage of the State of CT Enterprise Secure Transport services powered by Axway.
- Serving as Technical expert to ensure protection and encryption of data in transit and at rest to other Agencies and systems on a transitional basis.
- Overseeing and coordinating with the State’s Delegated Administrators to patch both staging and production environments for Secure Transport
- Overseeing and coordinating reports, alerts and notification on the Sentinel Server of the Secure Transport
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of IT equipment and diagnostic tools; considerable knowledge of principles and techniques of systems analysis, design, development and programming; considerable knowledge of principles of information systems; considerable knowledge of principles and theories of business and planning functions; considerable knowledge of programming languages; considerable knowledge of capabilities of computer technology; knowledge of methods and procedures used to conduct detailed analysis and design of computer systems; knowledge of principles and techniques of software generation and programming; knowledge of practices and issues of systems’ security and disaster recovery; knowledge of computer operating systems; knowledge of project management principles and techniques; knowledge of principles and techniques of business information systems re-engineering; considerable technical problem solving skills; considerable logic and analytical skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; considerable problem solving skills; interpersonal skills; project coordination skills; considerable ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve data communications problems; considerable ability to write, test and debug computer programs; considerable ability to use programming development tools; considerable ability to prepare manuals, reports, documentation and other written materials; considerable ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex business and technical problems; ability to analyze and debug complex software programs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Six (6) years of experience in information technology (IT) operations, programming, systems/software development or another IT related support area.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been performing professional information technology work in one of the following areas:
1. Installation and support of microcomputer hardware, software and operating systems.
2. Analysis, design and development of information systems.
3. Network hardware and software installation and support.
4. Network hardware and/or software problem diagnosis and resolution.
NOTE: For state employees this is interpreted at the level of Information Technology Analyst 1.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training in management information systems, computer science or information technology related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's degree in management information systems, computer science or electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5 years hands-on technical operations experience with monitoring functions
- Experience with Axway products
- Experience with file monitoring tools
- Dot Net development experience
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.