|Date Opened||8/16/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$109,320* - $149,062/year (*New State Employees)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||8/26/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut Department of Developmental Services (DDS) - Central Office - has one (1) current full-time job opportunity for the Director of Family Services Strategy position based in Hartford, CT.
This is a full-time forty (40) hour per week position. The work schedule is Monday through Friday on first shift. However, must be flexible in order to meet the needs of the agency.
Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening and must specify their qualifications on their application.
Please note you will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
If selected for further consideration, at time of interview, State employees may be required to provide last two (2) service ratings and non-State employees may be required to provide two (2) letters of reference.
Incumbents in this class will be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license.
Incumbents in this class will be required to travel statewide.
This posting MAY require completion of additional referral questions (RQ’s) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. Please regularly check your email for notifications. You must reply by the deadline indicated on the notification or you will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Daimar Ramos at Daimar.Ramos@ct.gov or 860-263-2625.
Two (2) years of the General Experience must have been in a managerial or consultative capacity with programmatic and administrative responsibility including some experience in process design, process improvement, implementation and control for services and supports provided to families and individuals.
Note: Process improvement includes analysis of the current state of being, planning change, implementing change, measuring results, improving upon the change and controlling the new process and systems.
The preferred candidate will possess:
• considerable knowledge of current trends and practices regarding provision of integrated, supportive community based services to persons with developmental disabilities;
• experience working with Medicaid operations;
• established skill in leading teams and multi-unit collaboration;
• demonstrated experience facilitating program and policy development;
• involvement in national-level initiatives and ability to translate to implementation of programs;
• experience directing and managing projects, including implementation and evaluation;
• demonstrated success in leading process improvement and change management;
• ability to manage consultants and contracts;
• detailed understanding of community resources available to individuals with disabilities across multiple systems and agencies;
• demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, efficiently, and amicably;
• proven track record of strategic, creative thinking and problem solving;
• background in developing and promulgating policies and procedures;
• experience in delivering formal and informal training to system-wide stakeholders.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to participate fully and fairly under the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact Renee LaBarge, DDS EEO Director at 860-418-6022 or email@example.com.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.