|Date Opened||5/23/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$17.56*-$22.20/hour; $36,671*-$46,355/year (*New hires to State employment start at minimum)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||5/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is recruiting for part time and full time Clerk Typist positions for the Agency Telephone Contact Center located at the Department of Motor Vehicles branch office in Wethersfield, CT.
The certified list of eligible candidates generated from this recruitment will be used for future opportunities at the DMV contact center for a period of nine (9) months. Applicants must select the Wethersfield location as well as the employment type (full time and/or part time) in which they wish to be considered for on their application prior to submission. Failure to indicate the Wethersfield location or employment type will result in the applicant not being considered for the vacancies in that specific location.
All applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application with their submission. Please Note: You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
As a Clerk Typist in the Contact Center, you will be working in a fast paced customer service oriented telephone environment. This position will assist the public with routine requests from customers on different types of motor vehicle transactions. It also requires accountability for performing a full range of general clerical functions, including: heavy telephone contact, document review, scanning, filing, computer use, and other electronic equipment, typing, strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, and extensive customer service skills background. Some of your responsibilities will be to provide clear, accurate information to customers over the telephone.
*New State Employees start at the minimum of the salary range.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact DMV Human Resources at 860-263-5268.
This position will be filled in accordance with reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
Applicants invited to interview may be required to submit additional documentation, which supports their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
In addition to the checking of references and of facts stated in the application, a thorough background investigation of each candidate may be made before individuals are certified for appointment.
In a state agency, this class is accountable for performing a full range of general clerical functions including basic processing, reception, filing, record keeping, bookkeeping and typing.
1. TYPING: Using a typewriter, personal computer and other electronic equipment types a variety of materials from rough copy or electronic recording device including correspondence, memos, reports, forms, applications, bills and other documents and records with speed and accuracy; reviews and corrects drafts for conformance with originals; enters and retrieves data on personal computers and computer terminals.
2. FILING: Maintains logs; sets up and maintains records and files according to established procedures; (e.g. alpha, numeric or chronological order); searches files for information.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Prepares and sends out standard form letters making minor revisions or additions.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from standard sources and prepares reports.
5. INTERPERSONAL: Answers phone, transfers calls and takes messages; receives and directs visitors; handles routine requests for information, procedural guidelines or assistance over the telephone or in person; (e.g. counter, reception and/or information desk).
6. PROCESSING: Receives, sorts and distributes mail; performs a variety of basic processing tasks (e.g., sorts, numbers, codes and files materials), reviews materials for accuracy and completeness (ensures categorical information is completed as required), makes changes per instructions or as authorized, verifies information through cross-referencing of existing computer and/or manual files or inquiries by phone or form letter to sender or other work units; does routine posting to ledgers, account books or other records; receives payments for licenses, bills, applications, fines and fees, etc.; prepares, totals and balances receipts; prepares cash transmittal/deposit slips; types and prepares purchase requisitions, orders or billing invoices according to established procedures; assists in or maintains inventory and orders supplies; performs related duties as required.
Knowledge of office procedures including proper telephone usage and filing; knowledge of spelling, punctuation and grammar; skill in typing a variety of materials; basic interpersonal skill; basic oral and written communication skills; basic skill in performing arithmetical computations; ability to operate office equipment which includes personal computers, computer terminals and other electronic equipment; ability to perform basic clerical tasks such as coding, sorting, alphabetizing and numeric ordering.
Previous call center experience is preferred.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.