|Date Opened||5/10/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$39,933 - $52,276/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||5/19/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) seeks qualified applicants to fill a Transportation Maintainer 1 position in its Guilford Maintenance Facility. This position is 37.5 hours per week with a work schedule of Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Incumbents in this job class must be willing to accept assignment to emergency duties, including snow and ice removal, whenever his or her services are needed; mandatory winter overtime from November 1 through April 30. Incumbents in this job class will also be required to have a 20-mile residency from the job location.
In order to be eligible to apply applicants must hold a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class A or B with the Tank endorsement, and valid Medical Examiner's Card (MEC).
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. Applicants invited to interview will be requested to supply a copy of their Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Class A or B, with Tank Endorsement, valid Medical Examiner's Card (MEC), and a thoroughly completed Connecticut Department of Transportation Commercial Driver Supplement (CTDOT-CDL-1).
The candidate pool resulting from this posting may be used to fill Transportation Maintainer 1 vacancies that occur at the Department of Transportation in the next twelve (12) months. Candidates who are offered and accept a position with the State of Connecticut are bound by the State Code of Ethics for Public Officials and State Employees which is available at www.ct.gov/ethics.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Michele Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following is a listing of examples of trucks, equipment, tasks or related duties, the operating, maintaining or performing of which are considered to be the responsibilities and duties of positions in this class:
- 1/2, 3/4 ton Suburban
- 1/2, 3/4, 1 ton vans (passenger/cargo)
- 1/2, 3/4, 1 ton pickups (2 & 4 wheel drive)
- 2 ton, 3 ton platform stakes
- Sedan deliveries
- Station wagons
- 3/4, 1 ton trucks, various body styles
- 9 ton dump truck (to be paid at the appropriate level)
- Mowing equipment Class 12 with or without attachments
- Wood chipper
- Pavement breakers
- Grass trimmers/brush cutters
- Walk behind snow blowers
- Portable pumping units
- Chain saws
- Vibratory compaction equipment
- Assisting employees of higher grades in more skilled operation
- Heavy custodial maintenance of buildings and grounds
- Finish grading on roadway or roadside projects
- Gas station attendants
- Hand seeding
- Helping on refuse collection trucks
- Helping on sanding and plowing
- Relief ferry mate, drawbridge attendant and/or rest area attendant
- Stores section material handling
- Wildlife hazard control
- Radio monitoring and communication
- Escort vendors, contractors, etc. in secure areas (State owned airports only)
In addition to other duties, at State-owned airports may function as a guard/watchman or may be required to receive training in, stand by for, and respond to fire and/or crash emergency situations; performs related duties as required.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.