|Date Opened||4/16/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Close Date||4/22/2019 11:59:00 PM|
provides a unique summer day camp experience for approximately 100 school aged
children with developmental disabilities in northeastern Connecticut. Children
with intellectual disabilities and autism are the primary population served at
this camp. The camp is located on
Wauregan Reservoir in Killingly on 11 acres and its waterfront is the only beach
on this beautiful waterway. Arts, Crafts, sports and nature activities, music,
swimming, boating and fishing are some of the highlights of the busy camp
This is a CT Licensed Youth Camp that is operated by the State of Connecticut Department of Developmental Services (DDS).
DDS has two (2) seasonal Lifeguard positions who work under the general direction of the Camp, Waterfront, and Boating Directors at Camp Quinebaug. Lifeguards monitor activities in swimming and boating areas to prevent accidents and provide assistance to campers and staff engaged in aquatic activities.
Hours of Work: These are full-time seasonal positions from June 7, 2019 to August 10, 2018; Monday through Friday 7:30am – 2:30pm. The first 2 weeks are on part-time status and may involve availability up until 8:30pm. The last day of work includes a Saturday to close camp.
Pay rate is $10.10 - $14.00 per hour depending upon educations and relevant experience.
Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening and must specify their qualifications on their application.
Please Note: You will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
• Must be at least 18 years old as of June 7, 2019
• Must be certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid. Certification must be in the American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and Healthcare Provider, American Red Cross CPR/AED for Lifeguards or American Heart Association BLS for Health Care Provider
• Must possess certification in the following: Lifesaving from a national accredited organization (i.e. American Red Cross, YMCA, Ellis & Associates, etc.),
• All certifications must be valid from the beginning to the end of the working period.
• Applicants must be able to work for the full season and must complete all required DDS training.
• Selected candidates must possess and maintain adequate physical flexibility, strength and stamina to perform the duties (work outside in inclement weather, work outside for extended periods), and work well with other staff and campers. Must be able to lift and transfer equipment, boats and individuals.
If selected for further consideration, applicants may be required to provide 2 letters of reference.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Naisha Roman at Naisha.Roman@ct.gov or 203-294-5030.
Assists in setting up waterfront and boating area for the season; participates in physical and rescue training; monitors activities in swimming, boating and fishing areas to prevent accidents and provide assistance to campers and staff; cautions participants regarding unsafe areas; maintains order in swimming and boating areas; rescues participants in danger of drowning and administers first aid and/or cardiopulmonary resuscitation as required; instructs campers and staff in water safety; lifts disabled campers as necessary; may give swimming instructions; works with individuals with various intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities; performs work necessary for upkeep of area; operates and maintains emergency equipment; provides direction to volunteers; participates in other camp related duties and responsibilities.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to participate fully and fairly under the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact Renee LaBarge, DDS EEO Director at 860.418.6022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.