The State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services (DAS) houses a number of distinct programs that comprise the business functions of state government, including information technology, human resources, procurement, facilities and real estate, construction services, fleet, workers compensation and more.
Our divisions are united in a common mission:
Support Connecticut's Growth - To serve our citizens, businesses, state agencies and other branches of government by providing the highest quality services at the lowest possible cost.
Drive Continuous Innovation - To increase the efficiency and effectiveness of state government using best practices from the public and private sectors.
Provide Rewarding Careers - To attract and retain a workforce of talented, dedicated public servants committed to leading our great state forward.
DAS is seeking a dynamic individual to help lead our new digital government team. As the Director of Enterprise Architecture (Executive Assistant 2), you will drive the transformation of services provided by the State to modern, digital experiences while enabling efficiencies within government operations.
In this role you will design a new enterprise architecture that will support implementation of user-friendly services, evolution to cloud-based technologies, establish interoperability to enable data sharing and analytics across State agencies.
This position is located in Hartford, CT, easily accessible to all major highways.
The position will remain open until it is filled.
Candidates are required to submit a resume in the "Resume" tab of their application.
Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include performance reviews, attendance, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Theresa Judge at Theresa.Judge@ct.gov, (860) 713-5319.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
Acts as an executive assistant to a state elective officer or department head as defined in Section 4-5 of the Connecticut General Statutes and performs such duties as are assigned.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Lead the development of initial assessments, strategies, portfolio analysis, project plans, market capabilities, and roadmaps for the state’s technical strategy and architecture.
- Develop to-be enterprise solution architectures and strategies to bridge from as-is to to-be, accounting for constraints in regulation, legacy systems, existing processes, organizational dynamics, budget, talent and time.
- Collaborate with staff from across the state to connect similar business and agency needs, initiatives, and strategies.
- Lead the discovery, evaluation, and prioritization of emerging technology projects and pilots that align with the state’s short and long term plans.
- Identify design gaps in existing and proposed architectures, and recommend changes or enhancements.
- Align standards and frameworks with overall business and technology strategy.
- Develop process improvement recommendations that will help align activities with enterprise service strategy.
- Help identify opportunities for efficiency, cost savings, and collaboration.
- Create/identify solutions that balance business requirements with information and cybersecurity requirements.
- Engineer repeatable, sustainable IT solutions where no service currently exists.
- Identify and manage partnerships with service providers that will assist with responsibilities.
- Research and maintain an awareness of industry trends for IT, business, and other relevant areas in order to provide recommendations on technology tools and purchases and identify and secure resources for technology expansion and integration.
- Work with leadership to define metrics and reporting strategies that effectively communicate organizational successes and progress of projects, process improvement or change management initiatives.
- Develop strategies, processes, and procedures to evaluate and continually improve service delivery and customer satisfaction and to elicit customer feedback.
- Manage leads for specific domains for cloud architecture and solution architecture.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Software Engineering or like area; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10+ years direct experience in enterprise software delivery.
- 5+ years direct experience with delivering cloud-based solutions including SaaS, IaaS or PaaS.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering technology services to consumers to conduct business transactions.
- Background in technology consulting.
- Expert with application and service delivery models and ability to understand application architectures for cloud modernization with working knowledge of architecture of public and on-premise hybrid-cloud solutions.
- Broad exposure to SaaS solutions as well as managed PaaS trends and offerings in the market.
- Understanding of enterprise architecture and delivery of enterprise grade solutions within a complex organization.
- Ability to evaluate consumer (user) needs for services and translate to business solutions and technology implementations.
- Understanding of the complexity of large multi-functional IT organizations and requirements to deliver robust and scalable solutions.
- Knowledge of workloads and patterns for using the cloud and cloud migration and architecting.
- Technical proficiency and comfort with variety of operating system and database platforms.
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps processes and tools highly preferable.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.