Marine District Boat Launch
Old Lyme, CT
|Date Opened||3/12/2019 3:25:00 PM|
|Salary||$10.10 - 14.00 per hour|
|Close Date||6/30/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is charged with conserving, improving and protecting the natural resources and the environment of the state of Connecticut as well as making cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy available for the people and businesses of the state. The agency is also committed to playing a positive role in rebuilding Connecticut’s economy and creating jobs and to fostering a sustainable and prosperous economic future for the state.
DEEP's Bureau of Central Services, Engineering and Field Support Services Division, Marine District Headquarters currently has (4) Seasonal Resource Assistant position vacancies based in Old Lyme, CT.
Positions include two (2) Boat Launch Seasonal Maintainers, one (1) Seasonal Automotive/Equipment Repair Technician Assistant and one (1) Seasonal CVA Pump Out Assistant/Maintainer. Details listed in Examples of Duties.
The positions are Monday - Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm, 40 hrs. per week.
Anticipated duration of positions are Spring through early Winter (no more than 1030 hours).
The pay rate varies from $10.10 to $14.00 per hour depending on education and experience. There are no benefits.
Note: Do not submit a cover letter. Applicants must only include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Any inquiries regarding the status of your application for this position must be made directly to: Doug Patterson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-447-4338.
These positions are non-competitive. Open to the public.
Selected candidates must be fluent in English, be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license and an excellent driving record.
Selected candidates must possess and maintain adequate physical flexibility, strength and stamina to perform the duties (including work outside in inclement weather, work outside for extended periods), and work well with other staff and members of the public.
Seasonal Maintainer: Duties include performing work related to the maintenance and operation of DEEP boat launches and District facilities including but not limited to: mowing, trimming, building cleaning, janitorial, routine preventative equipment maintenance, litter pickup and painting. The employee may be requested to work in adverse weather conditions and be required to do some heavy lifting. Depending on level of training and experience these positions could involve the use of operating tractors, driving medium duty vehicles with trailers and other related duties.
CVA Pump Out Assistant/Seasonal Maintainer: Duties include performing work related to the maintenance and operation of the DEEP CVA Pump Out Station (Connecticut Vessel Act): assist boaters in tying up their boat, pass pump-out adapter and hose to boater for hook up; start pump and pump waste from boat; fill out pump out log; assist boaters casting off and leaving dock; call waste hauler when necessary; use VFH radio and know radio protocol; answer questions the public may have regarding the CVA pump-out program; working Saturdays and Sundays mandatory this position. Pump Out operates from Memorial Day thru end of October (balance of hours will be covered under other Maintainer duties listed below). Other Maintenance Duties including but are not limited to: mowing, trimming, building cleaning, janitorial, routine preventative equipment maintenance, litter pickup and painting. Depending on level of training and experience these positions could involve the use of operating tractors, driving medium duty vehicles with trailers and other related duties. The employee may be requested to work in adverse weather conditions and be required to do some heavy lifting.
Automotive / Equipment Repair Technician Assistant: Performs work related to the repair and maintenance of DEEP fleet vehicles and equipment including but not limited to light services, routine preventative maintenance, cleaning of tools and equipment, parts pick up, small engine repairs, blade sharpening, provide assistance in tire replacement, oil changes, trailer wiring, 2-cycle engine repairs, spark plug replacement, filter cleaning and/or replacement and equipment lubrication as well as other related maintenance duties. This position may work under the direct supervision of a qualified automotive technician.
Preferred applicants will be able to work full-time for the entire recreation season and have related experience or training.
Must have a good attitude, a good work ethic and willingness to learn.
1. Incumbents in these classes who are assigned as patrol persons or supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in these classes may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing patrol officer functions must currently possess Police Officer Standard Training (POST) certification or be eligible for POST recertification without completing the Basic Training program again (i.e. must be current or retired within two (2) years of last POST certified required employment) or Connecticut State Police (CSP) Academy certification (must be current or retired within two (2) years of last CSP certified required employment). Must pass a seasonal patroller training course as approved by the Connecticut State Police.
4. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.