|Date Opened||1/9/2018 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$55,797 - $70,999/year|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||1/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Transportation (DOT) Division of Business Services seeks a qualified individual for the position of Fiscal Administrative Assistant (FAA) in the Accounts Payable Unit in Newington. This position is for the first shift, 7:30 am – 4:00 pm, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
This position is designated for a candidate who will be spending their time performing a wide variety of functions including but not limited to performing DOT Travel Coordination functions; processing employee reimbursements; managing the DOT utility accounts; processing vendor payments; processing Service Transfer Invoices; processing Construction Estimates; processing Consultant Agreement payments; approving vouchers for payment; reconciling and resolving payment discrepancies with Vendors; and perform related duties as required.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
All applicants must also include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application. Ensure that your application is complete before submitting it. Applicants will be unable to make revisions once their application is submitted into the JobAps system.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position. The DOT Accounts Payable may use this list to fill other FAA vacancies in the unit for up to a year.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
Direct questions pertaining to this recruitment to Jennifer Brame, firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference #106381.
Four (4) years of experience in complex clerical work in one or more fiscal/administrative functions such as accounting, accounts examining, budget management, grant administration, human resources, payroll, or purchasing.
Note: Complex clerical work is defined as generally routine fiscal/ administrative work, such as financial record keeping or examining, bookkeeping, requisitioning or payroll preparation at or above the level of Financial Clerk. Descriptions of these fiscal/administrative functions are attached
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of two (2) years.
2. One (1) year as a Pre-Professional Trainee in fiscal/administrative work may be substituted for the General Experience.
Candidates are required to have experience within an Accounts Payable setting and possess considerable knowledge of basic office practices, and are preferred to have the following:
• Experience performing Travel Coordinator Functions including in-depth knowledge of the state’s travel policies and multiple Union’s travel requirements, creating and processing Travel Authorization approvals, and processing Travel Petty Cash Advance requests.
• Experience processing employee reimbursement requests.
• Experience managing utility accounts including setting up new accounts, closing accounts, reconciling accounts and resolving payment issues.
• Experience processing various types of payments to include vendor payments, Service Transfer Invoices, Construction Estimates, Consultant Agreement payments, and utility payments.
• Experience reviewing and approving vouchers for vendor payments.
• Reconcile accounts and resolve payment discrepancies with vendors.
• Considerable customer service experience including corresponding and communicating with both internal and external customers.
• Experience with Microsoft Office and CORE-CT.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.