East Hartford, CT
|Date Opened||5/11/2018 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$60,862* - $82,411/year (* New State Employees start at minimum of salary range)|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||5/17/2018 11:59:00 PM|
The Department of Development Services -North Region- has one (1) current job opportunity for a Clinical Nurse Coordinator based out of the East Hartford Office in the Private Services Division.
This is a full-time thirty-five (35) hour per week position. The work schedule is Monday through Friday - 8:30am-4:00pm. However, must be flexible in order to meet the needs of the agency, individuals, and their families.
Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening and must specify their qualifications on their application.
Please note that you will be unable to make revisions once you submit your application for this posting to the JobAps system.
* New State Employees start at minimum of salary range.
• Must possess and retain a license as a registered nurse in Connecticut.
• Incumbents in this class will be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
• Incumbents in this class will be required to travel.
• If selected for further consideration, State employees may be required to provide last two (2) service ratings and non-state employees may be required to provide two (2) letters of reference.
• Should you have questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Belinda Weaver at Belinda.Weaver@ct.gov or (203)294-5023.
In a state facility this class is accountable for coordinating the various facets of clinical programs involving multiple wards OR for serving as liaison between the institution and community programs and placement settings.
Writes clinical program objectives, policies, procedures and manuals; conducts individual health assessments; develops, implements and reviews individual health care plans; participates or chairs individual centered interdisciplinary teams; interviews individual; accompanies individual on visits to treatment programs or placement settings; follows up on individual care in community programs to assure individual in least restrictive environment; assures continuity of care to prevent recidivism; applies for financial aid for individual through Department of Social Services; maintains records of individual progress or failure after placement; develops community health resources and provides on-going consultation and monitoring of services; acts as a resource person to staff and community; prepares reports and statistical summaries; may clinically supervise direct care staff in execution of clinical programs; may develop and conduct inservice educational programs for staff and families; may perform recordkeeping functions; performs related duties as required.
Knowledge of nursing principles and clinical therapeutic models of patient and/or individual care with emphasis on interdisciplinary team approaches as related to parenthetical title; knowledge of individual treatment planning including impact of medical insurance program requirements for reimbursement; knowledge of structure of services for individuals and their families in institutional and community oriented settings as related to parenthetical title; knowledge of aftercare facilities; considerable interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills.
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the level of Head Nurse working with the type of individuals indicated by the parenthetical title.
DEPARTMENT OF DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES: One (1) year of the General Experience must have been providing consultation and evaluating the assessment of nursing services provided to individuals with intellectual disabilities.
• Experience working with individuals with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities
• Good verbal and written and communications skills
• Computer proficiency (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Thorough knowledge of DDS policies and procedures
• Familiarity with DDS Medication Regulations and nursing delegation
• Experience and level of comfort with public speaking
• CPR/BLS certification
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.