Eastern District Headquarters
|Date Opened||4/24/2018 2:55:00 PM|
|Salary||$10.10 - 14.00 per hour|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||5/31/2018 11:59:00 PM|
DEEP's Bureau of Central Services, Support Services Division has one (1) Seasonal Resource Assistant opportunity to provide clerical support for the Eastern District Headquarters.
This position is located in Marlborough, CT.
The position is forty (40) hours per week, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
Duration of Position: Spring thru Fall
Pay Rate: Pay rate varies from $10.10 to $14 per hour depending on experience. There are no benefits;
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and an excellent driving record.
This position is non-competitive. Open to the public.
Selected candidate must be at least 18 years old.
Selected candidate must work well with other staff and members of the public.
1. Incumbents in these classes who are assigned as patrol persons or supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in these classes may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing patrol officer functions must currently possess Police Officer Standard Training (POST) certification or be eligible for POST recertification without completing the Basic Training program again (i.e. must be current or retired within two (2) years of last POST certified required employment) or Connecticut State Police (CSP) Academy certification (must be current or retired within two (2) years of last CSP certified required employment). Must pass a seasonal patroller training course as approved by the Connecticut State Police.
4. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.