|Date Opened||4/26/2018 11:10:00 AM|
|Salary||$11.00 - 12.00 per hour|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||5/31/2018 11:59:00 PM|
The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection Environmental Conservation Branch's Bureau of Natural Resources (BNR) is charged with managing the state’s natural resources (particularly fish, wildlife, and forests) through a program of regulation, management, research, and public education.
The Division of Forestry has an opportunity for one (1) Seasonal Resource Assistant to work at the main office at 79 Elm St. in Hartford, CT. This position will serve as Office Staff providing general clerical support at the Forestry Main Office.
The position is forty (40) hours per week, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
Salary: The pay rate varies from $11.00 to $12.00 per hour, depending on experience. There are no benefits with this position
Length of position: Approximately six (6) months (no more than 1,030 hours).
Applicants must upload a cover letter and resume with their applications. (Note: In order to upload documents you must ensure that your internet browser's 'pop-up' blocker is off. Failure to do so may prevent you from being able to upload documentation and submit your application.) Questions about these required documents should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Teresa Munson, firstname.lastname@example.org, (860)424-3187.
This position is non-competitive. Open to the public.
The selected candidate must be fluent in English and be at least 18 years old
The selected candidate must work well with other staff and members of the public.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Incumbents in these classes who are assigned as patrol persons or supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in these classes may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing patrol officer functions must currently possess Police Officer Standard Training (POST) certification or be eligible for POST recertification without completing the Basic Training program again (i.e. must be current or retired within two (2) years of last POST certified required employment) or Connecticut State Police (CSP) Academy certification (must be current or retired within two (2) years of last CSP certified required employment). Must pass a seasonal patroller training course as approved by the Connecticut State Police.
4. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.