Various State Parks and Recreation Areas
|Date Opened||4/5/2018 07:44:00 AM|
|Salary||$10.10 - 20.00 per hour|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||5/31/2018 11:59:00 PM|
The mission of the State Environmental Conservation Police is to provide natural resource protection and public safety through education, outreach and enforcement.
DEEP, Bureau of Outdoor Recreation, Environmental Conservation Police Division, headquartered in Hartford, CT, is currently seeking to fill multiple Seasonal Resource Assistant (Seasonal Patrol Officer) positions.
The positions will be assigned to various State Parks and recreation areas statewide.
These positions work under the Environmental Conservation Police Division.
These are 40 hour per week positions with both first and second shifts available.
The locations are primarily at State Parks and recreation areas.
Pay rate: Up to $20.00 per hour based on education and experience.
Applicants are required to upload a cover letter indicating availability for various state locations, a copy of current POST card and resume with their submission. (NOTE: in order to upload documents you must ensure that your internet browser’s ‘pop-up’ blocker is off. Failure to do so may prevent you from being able to upload documentation into JobAps.). Questions about these required documents should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Teresa Munson, firstname.lastname@example.org, (860)424-3187.
· Employed as a special conservation officer by DEEP's EnCon Police in 2017 or
· Currently employed as a Connecticut certified police officer with a current POST card or
· Retired in good standing within the last 3 years from a Connecticut police agency without any unresolved or pending disciplinary action as a sworn officer with a valid POST certification.
1. Incumbents in these classes who are assigned as patrol persons or supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in these classes may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing patrol officer functions must currently possess Police Officer Standard Training (POST) certification or be eligible for POST recertification without completing the Basic Training program again (i.e. must be current or retired within two (2) years of last POST certified required employment) or Connecticut State Police (CSP) Academy certification (must be current or retired within two (2) years of last CSP certified required employment). Must pass a seasonal patroller training course as approved by the Connecticut State Police.
4. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.