Are you looking for an opportunity to be at the forefront of developing and implementing research projects? If so, we invite you to read more!
What We Have To Offer!
- To work for a Forbes top company: ‘Forbes’ State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 - State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and Flexible Schedule
- Industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage
- Comprehensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings
- Retirement healthcare offerings
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Outstanding work-life balance
- State of Connecticut is an eligible Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer, meaning you may be eligible to have qualifying student loans forgiven after 10 years of service. Click here for more information
In this role we would entrust you to perform the most complex tasks in the development and implementation of research projects. Along with other duties as needed, we will entrust you to:
- Develop and conduct formal research methodologies, procedures, analyzes, and evaluate data
- Design data collection forms and develop procedures
- Perform complex statistical analysis
- Prepare comprehensive narrative and statistical reports
- Located at the DDS Central Office, Business Intelligence Unit, Hartford, CT
- Full-time (40 hours/week), first shift
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Regular days off Saturday and Sunday
- However, work schedule flexibility is required in order to meet the demands of the job
We encourage you to join our team and start your career with us at DDS!
This position will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules.
In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application. The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date, unless otherwise specified.
The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class.
All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to DAS.SHRM@ct.gov.
Please ensure that your application is complete. You will be unable to make revisions once you officially submit your application to the state of Connecticut.
This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. The email notification will include an expiration date by which you must submit (Finish) your responses. Please regularly check your email for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders, as emails could end up there in error.
During the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation supporting their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include performance reviews, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc. at the discretion of the agency.
If you require an accommodation to participate fully and fairly under the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact Tommy Wilson, DDS EEO 1 at (860) 418-6148 or Tommy.Wilson@ct.gov.
Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process.
Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Ethan Ives at Ethan.Ives@ct.gov.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency this class is accountable for performing the most complex tasks in the development and implementation of research projects.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Performs most complex duties in area of research design and implementation;
- Develops and conducts formal research methodologies and procedures and analyzes and evaluates data;
- Designs data collection forms and develops procedures;
- Performs complex statistical analysis;
- Prepares comprehensive narrative and statistical reports;
- May prepare special reports for agency officials in response to inquiries from legislature or the public;
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Considerable knowledge of
- research methods and techniques;
- principles, concepts and methods of statistical analysis;
- Knowledge of agency related policies and procedures as related to research;
- oral and written communication skills;
- interpersonal skills;
- Considerable ability to analyze data;
- Ability to develop programs and use prepackaged computer programs to perform data analysis.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Seven (7) years of professional experience in research, data analysis or economics.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been conducting research at the level of a Research Analyst.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
A Master's degree in economics, statistics or a closely related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Experience analyzing health and human service sector data
- Experience managing and analyzing large datasets using statistical analysis systems and tools
- Experience conducting analysis and communicating findings verbally and in writing
- Experience with program management, reporting, and administration
- Experience working independently and meeting deadlines
- Experience with state and federal reporting requirements and systems
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
As defined by Sec. 5-196 of the Connecticut General Statutes, a job class is a position or group of positions that share general characteristics and are categorized under a single title for administrative purposes. As such, a job class is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task and/or responsibility.