Are you looking for an opportunity where you will be entrusted to take on a full leadership role? If so, we invite you to read more!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Labor (DOL) is committed to protecting and promoting the interests of Connecticut workers. In order to accomplish this in a constantly evolving environment, we assist workers and employers to become competitive in the global economy. We take a comprehensive approach to meeting the needs of workers and employers, and the other agencies that serve them. We ensure the supply of high-quality integrated services that serve the needs of our customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Labor Department Unit Director. This position will be a part of our Systems Operations Support unit, based in Wethersfield. This is a full-time position with a Monday - Friday schedule. Additionally, this is a hybrid opportunity based upon the state telework guidelines, which will be discussed in full during the interview stage.
Systems Operations Support (SOS) unit:
The SOS unit is responsible for technology, support, and training within the ReEmployCT unemployment insurance program, Benefits/Tax/Appeals. SOS collaborates such operations within the consortium ReEmployUSA, which includes Mississippi and Maine.
As a Unit Director, we would entrust you to lead the SOS unit as we continue to implement ReEmployCT in a collaborative effort with the ReEmployUSA consortium. Along with other duties as needed, We would have you:
- Plan and direct unit activities including the development an implementation of new programs
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on programs
- Develop and implement staff training
- Industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage;
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings;
- Paid Time Off ~ including 12 paid holidays per calendar year;
- Professional growth and development opportunities; and
- A healthy work-life balance to all employees!
We hope you take this opportunity to join your state and #makeanimpaCT!
Important Information After You Apply:
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. We are no longer accepting resumes in accordance with PA 21-69. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
Connect With Us:
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting's closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question's expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders on a daily basis in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user's spam.
- These positions will be filled in accordance with contractual language, reemployment, SEBAC, transfer, promotion and merit employment rules
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board on a daily basis to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- Note: At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
- Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account.
- Should you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Ethan Ives via email at Ethan.Ives@ct.gov.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In the Labor Department this class is accountable for directing the planning, administration and coordination of a support unit involved with performance monitoring, employment and training grants and contracts, program automation support, program technical assistance and support, program operations and/or workforce development.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
This role will consist of the management, coordination, training, and support of personnel within the Systems Operations Support unit, technology vendors, and agency representation within the consortium model. Additionally you will:
- Direct and coordinate unit activities involving the design, development and implementation of new programs and services, as well as modifications of current procedures or programs
- Monitor, evaluate and report on programs, policies and procedures and take or recommend appropriate action to correct deficiencies and promote maximum effectiveness
- Identify resources, submit grant proposals and develop new programs based on grant and contract awards
- Develop and maintain operational procedures, policies and manuals
- Participate in budget planning, resource allocation, and staff selection and development for the unit
- Other related duties
- More information can be found here
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Considerable knowledge of relevant state and federal laws, statutes and regulations; considerable knowledge of methods of program planning, development, monitoring and evaluation; considerable knowledge of employment problems, labor market trends, conditions and their causes; knowledge of and ability to apply management principles and techniques; knowledge of primary functions, policies and procedures in the areas of Unemployment Insurance, Job Service, Employment and Training and Workforce Development; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral and written communication skills; analytical ability, negotiation skills; problem solving skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Nine (9) years of professional experience in Job Service, Unemployment Insurance, Workforce Development or Employment and Training programs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been in a supervisory or consultative capacity at or above the level of Labor Department Programs And Services Coordinator.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's Degree.
2. A Master's degree in business management, public administration or a closely related area may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
Preference will be given to those who possess the following:
- Experience interpreting and consulting on Unemployment Insurance (UI) law and policies
- Experience with managing a work budget
- Experience with researching and troubleshooting
- Experience managing and motivating assigned staff
- Experience developing, scheduling and evaluating data test scenarios
Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.