|Date Opened||6/30/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$73,136* - $99,724/year *New state employees start at minimum of salary range|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||7/8/2020 11:59:00 PM|
Who We Are
The State of Connecticut is centralizing its Human Resources function with the following goals:
Are you a dedicated and hardworking professional with a passion for modernizing processes related to human resources policy and information systems? Do you have experience supporting frontline HR/Payroll users with troubleshooting where systems and business processes intersect?
If so, the Department of Administrative Services (DAS) has an exciting anticipated opportunity for you to join us as a Workforce Scheduler Specialist (Human Resources Specialist)! You will be part of the Human Resources Policy and Information Systems service delivery team. In this critical role, you will help ensure compliance and successful functionality of the new Kronos Workforce Advanced Scheduler and Telestaff solutions.
This opportunity is ideal for an individual who desires to work and thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, high demand, multifaceted environment. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week, with a Monday through Friday work schedule. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you will be teleworking full-time. Once office space is reconfigured in accordance with re-opening guidelines, work will shift to a mixture of telework and office work.
What’s in It for You - Leading Comprehensive Benefit Offerings:
Anticipated start date is August 2020.
Please include your resume within the "Resume Tab" of your application.
At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, college transcripts, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency.
Note: The certification list generated from this recruitment may be considered for future Human Resources Specialist opportunities within HR Policy and Information Systems.
Questions about this recruitment should be directed to the hiring agency's human resources office: Raisa Capellan at Raisa.Capellan@ct.gov.
In the Department of Administrative Services (DAS), this class is accountable for independently performing a full range of professional human resources duties within a specialized service delivery team or a unit with statewide impact.
Seven (7) years of professional experience in human resources management.
One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the junior working level in human resources management.
For state employees, this is interpreted at the level of Human Resources Associate or Human Resources Generalist 1.
1. College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling one half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor's degree.
2. A Master's Degree in human resources management, labor relations, business administration, public administration, or closely related field or a law degree may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
The successful candidate will possess:
• Experience configuring the Kronos Workforce Central Advanced Scheduler module
• Experience configuring the Kronos Workforce Central Telestaff module
• Experience scheduling health professionals and law enforcement staff using an automated scheduling system
• Experience applying business rules to the scheduling process across multiple bargaining units
• Experience working between business and technical teams
1. Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.