|Date Opened||6/3/2020 12:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$113,691 - $155,012/year *New State employees start at minimum of salary range|
|Job Type||Open to the Public|
|Close Date||6/12/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) invites qualified applicants to apply for the position of Transportation Director of Property and Facilities Services in the Office of Operations and Support.
This is a (40) hours per week position, Monday through Friday, at the Administration building located at 2800 Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT.
This position will be accountable for leading, directing and overseeing all aspects and activities performed by the offices within the Division of Property and Facilities Services; Concessions, Code Enforcement, Facilities Management, and Security operations including budget preparation and management.
• Concessions – operations include administering concessions agreement; monitoring revenue reports, analysis, projections, and reinvestment plans;
• Code Enforcement – operations include the design review and construction inspection of new building construction, renovation and maintenance projects including public transportation infrastructure and traffic signals for code compliance;
• Facilities Management – operations include ensuring physical plant maintenance and repair; maintain a state of good repairs; implementing long range preventive maintenance programs;
• Security – operations include administering all aspects of security measures in safeguarding department personnel, premises and assets; agency liaison with law enforcement agencies.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
Applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application. Ensure that your application is complete before submitting it. Applicants will be unable to make revisions once their application is submitted into the JobAps system.
Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
This posting MAY require completion of additional referral questions (RQ’s) which will be sent to you via email after the closing date. Please regularly check your email for notifications. You must reply by the deadline indicated on the notification or you will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be provided through your JobAps portal account.
Direct questions pertaining to this recruitment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference #31340.
• Administers the operations of the Division of Property and Facilities Services; Concessions, Code Enforcement, Facilities Management, and Security operations including budget preparation and management;
• Oversees the Division’s operations; formulates program goals and objectives; develops, implements and evaluates related policy; interprets and administers pertinent state and federal laws, statutes, regulations and related contracts; goals and objectives; designs and develops office programs and activities; implements new procedures and procedural revisions; determines appropriate staffing levels and job classifications; directs management and coordination of staff; designs and implements performance review standards for staff; Manage Office budget, approve expenditures. Supervisory tasks: timesheet approvals, overtime requests, and disciplinary issues;
• Administers Department’s Minor Capital program and related budget; assist in developing the long-range Capital program and related budget; keeping the Agency’s facilities in a state of good repairs;
• Administers agency code enforcement program for the design review and construction inspection of new building construction, renovation and maintenance projects including public transportation infrastructure and traffic signals for code compliance;
• Administers agency facilities management operations; ensures physical plant maintenance, repair and operations; approves long range preventive maintenance programs and procedures; reviews agency energy usage; determine space and/or facility needs for the agency;
• Coordinates agency real property lease activities; ensures agency compliance with state and federal accrediting bodies; coordinates transfer of excess real property;
• Administers concessions agreement; negotiates, interrupts, and directs leasing, inspection and contract administration of department food and fuel rental facilities on state highways; monitor revenue reports, analysis, projections, and reinvestment plans;
• Administers the operations and all aspects of security measures in safeguarding department personnel, premises and assets;
• Liaison with internal and external customers on all aspects and activities within the Division. Serves on agency committees and task forces as required. Presents before formal and informal forums related Division activities. Prepares records, reports, and related correspondences; other related duties as required.
• Considerable knowledge of and ability to apply relevant state and federal laws, statutes and regulation;
• Have strong working experience with Microsoft Office Suite;
• The ability to adapt to changing work priorities and compressed deadlines;
• The ability to negotiate, interrupt and administer business contracts;
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
• Ability to manage many diverse projects of varying scale;
• Experience in physical plant maintenance and construction in an administrative capacity;
• Extensive supervisory experience.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.