Old Lyme, CT
|Date Opened||3/10/2020 3:35:00 PM|
|Salary||$11.00 - $14.00 per hour|
|Close Date||4/15/2020 11:59:00 PM|
The State of Connecticut, Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) is charged with conserving, improving and protecting the natural resources and the environment of the state of Connecticut as well as making cheaper, cleaner and more reliable energy available for the people and businesses of the state. The agency is also committed to playing a positive role in rebuilding Connecticut’s economy and creating jobs – and to fostering a sustainable and prosperous economic future for the state.
The Boating Division has two seasonal positions available with the Navigation and Boating Infrastructure Unit. The duty station will be the Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (DEEP) Marine Headquarters located at 333 Ferry Road in Old Lyme, Connecticut. The positions will start in April and run for approximately six months.
Salary: $11.00 to $14.00 per hour depending on education and experience. There are no benefits.
Length of positions: up to six (6) months. (April 1st, 2020 thru November 1st, 2020)
Hours per week: Up to forty (40) hours per week. A typical work week is Monday through Friday, but may be required to work weekend days.
Applicants must include a resume within the "Resume Tab" of their application.
Questions about these positions should be directed to: Michael Payton at 860-447-4347 or firstname.lastname@example.org
These positions are non-competitive. Open to the public.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and a have or be willing to obtain a Certificate of Personal Watercraft or Safe Boating Certificate.
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.